ljarrald

cctv attack detection - VIDEO

i have a few cameras in places with a high risk of attack.

one of them has actually been attacked with a brick in the past.

i bought some shock detectors off ebay. they are usually used on door and window frames in burglar alarm systems.

i have mounted one inside each camera that risks being attacked. because i have run cat5 to each camera, i just used a spare pair for the alarm contacts. and then conneced them to the relevant alarm input on the DVR...

as i say in the video, nobody has attacked the cameras since i've made these modifications. but my dad dropped a brick on one of the cameras the other day and sure enough, the sounder screamed its head off!

i took the dome off and flicked the sensor in the video because i don't want to hit the camera in case i damaged it.

sChpgl2GXfg

if the video doesn't load, use this link.

Great idea. I am putting some cameras up well in reach of people and this seems like a good tamper monitor.

i have a few cameras in places with a high risk of attack.

one of them has actually been attacked with a brick in the past.

i bought some shock detectors off ebay. they are usually used on door and window frames in burglar alarm systems.

i have mounted one inside each camera that risks being attacked. because i have run cat5 to each camera, i just used a spare pair for the alarm contacts. and then conneced them to the relevant alarm input on the DVR...

as i say in the video, nobody has attacked the cameras since i've made these modifications. but my dad dropped a brick on one of the cameras the other day and sure enough, the sounder screamed its head off!

i took the dome off and flicked the sensor in the video because i don't want to hit the camera in case i damaged it.

sChpgl2GXfg

if the video doesn't load, use this link.

Alarm sounds like a bunch of crickets

Nice idea, but you might you want to invest in a tripod or cut down on the coffee.....

Have you thought about having an email sent to your cell phone upon an alarm through the DVR?

Have you thought about having an email sent to your cell phone upon an alarm through the DVR?

yes

195630_1.png

i'm working on a system that will send my phone a text if the cctv does anything like an alarm, or if the fire alarm activates and stuff.