woltert1

VGA or HDMI remote viewing which is better???

I would like to put a monitor in our bedroom to watch and control my system. I currently am using 12 of the 16 channels but will be adding on the rest shortly. Am I better using a VGA or HDMI KVM extender? The dvr is a computer ganz DR16HD and supports both formats. I am not sure which will work better( picture, control, etc). I have remote viewing ,but it is not the same as a direct connection. I will be using a 32" TV/monitor from Samsung. I would like to know if anyone can tell me which is better for this setup and if there are any brand recommendations for the KVM or monitor.

The run will be 70-80 Ft so I will need some kind of an extender.

Hi I would recommend you to go for VGA option. Mainly because the resolution for this particular unit is the same for both HDMI and VGA.

And VGA will be a cheaper option. But you need a VGA entender.

Visio finally gets one right!

HDMI will give better results, but VGA will be FAR cheaper in this instance. You want a KVM-over-Cat5 extender, ideally one that supports both remote and local consoles. ATEN makes some good units that we've used on a number of sites: http://www.aten.com/products/productList.php?prdClassInput=By%20Function&prdSubClassInput=20110118145055001&prdInput=2011011814518001