ranber

Cosmicar C10ZAME-2 10.5-105mm auot iris wire connection

I have a 6 core wire for the auto iris on this lens, I'm trying to wire it to a 4 pin connector for camera and am not sure as to which colors go where. Red green yellow brown black white. can anyone give me the correct diagram? Pin 1,2,3,4?

thanks

That's a motorized zoom lens. There's 3 types normaly ie. 3 motor type, auto iris type & preset type. If you have 6 wires most prbably it's the 3 motor type. If it is then the configuration should be as below:-

Red=Iris Open

White=Iris Close

Green=Zoom Wide

Yellow=Zoom Tele

Black=Focus Near

Grey/Brown=Focus Far

Nice lens ranber,

The correct auto iris wiring for all Pentax (Cosmicar) lenses is:-

Red = + 12v DC supply.

White = Video.

Black = 0v Gnd.

The green, yellow and brown conductors are normally used in some lenses for remote iris operation (controlling either 'ALC' or 'Level' pots), but as I've yet to meet anyone that has actually used them, its best to individually insulate them away.

The lens drive cable is normally:-

White = Common

Green = Focus or Zoom

Blue = Zoom or Focus

Seems that those two colours are reversed on some lenses, so you'll have to test it to find out which is which.

just got a response from Pentax/Cosmicar they said the White, red, black and green are used for the iris on all their lenses. I just need to know the pattern for the 4 pin plug. What color goes to the pin 1? pin 2? pin 3? and pin 4?