Sign in to follow this  
sov

NV7480e card and 'initialization error' - (Fixed for now :)

Edit Post: I installed the wrong driver package below thinking I had another model. I have NV6480E not 7480e. Fix was the latest software package for NV6480E

Sup all.

Put card in and installed lastest software PRODUCT_VERSION=7.7.0.0127

After I login an error pops up

Argus-V capture card initialization error!!!

HP Proliant ML110 G6

Windows 7 64bit Enterprise

Intel Xeon Quad Core c3430 2.4 ghz

12 gig ram

ATI Radeon HD 4800 series Graphics with 512mb ram

At first the error was somthing about VGA may not have enough memory so display will restart. It did in 1024x768. Then it let me login and the:

Argus-V capture card initialization error!!!

I click ok and then I see controls with my desktop in the window. I have no cameras hooked up.

Is this normal or whats up? Do I have to use my pc in 1024x768 also?

thanks, Sov

Edited by Guest

hi. do a driver update on your card or swap out your Graphics card for geforce 7

Hey tomcctv. I been running around trying to get my business going so I made a mistake. Granted the Aver manual pushed me into the mistake a little :P

I have the NV6480E card, not the NV7480E. So the latest software package now installed correctly with no errors. and glad at that since i'm using 64bit windows 7. Relieved ... now all I need to do is figure out what cameras to buy.

BTW my manual says "NV card Series NV3000T/5000T/6000T/7240/7480/8416T/9416T

So my brain said 'yea you have the 7480 and not the 6000T. If the manual said 6480 then I would have had it correct

whatever. If anything, this post will be helpful for those putting together a pc based system. I am very happy with this HP low level "SERVER" and use it for VMWARE Virtual Machines etc. Its a powerful machine for the money.

Note I have not tested any cameras yet but the SW interface is working fine right now.

Don't feel to badly, I was a little confused when I was setting mine up also.

I have the same card. I'm also using Win7 64 bit for my system. The only problem I'm having now

is trying to get my system to work through the internet, it just doesn't want to cooperate!

Cheers,

John

Hi everyone!, Im new here

In my opinion the problem is the CPU, Avermedia doesn´t support XEON processors, only i3/i5/i7/P4/DualCore/Core2Duo, that´s why I recommend the customer to NOT use HP/Dell based PCs.

DELL/HP Not always has a descent VGA - Some Intel motherboards don´t work and of course the XEON.

Regards

George

PD: Sorry for my english