cavcom

Which brand/supplier is the absolute best that can offfer

everything I need for installs up to 32 ip cameras. Im just getting into buss and want to use nothing but the best. I have lots of telcom and networking exp, I really just need to learn what brands are the best and help with camera selection.

Thanks

For now high end residential and small business.

I want all the gadgets like view from tablet or phone. Would like to be able to zoom in and out from the hardware not the camera to make installs easier for me. Would like the outdoor cameras to be ip66 and be able to work in little to no light.

Somehow, I really doubt you'll talk "high end residential and small business" into shelling out for THE BEST THERE IS... well, maybe high-end residential, as long as that means people who have to decide whether to take the Ferrari or the Bugatti to work in the morning... but small business, in my experience, is usually even tighter of fist than most average homeowners. It can be tough getting them to shell out for a Costco package system.

OK, i see your point. I dont want junk. No I cant sell 100K system to a home owner, the houses ill be doing are 500k-1m on avg. So i would assume price point would be around 5-8k for installed for a quality system with 4-8 cameras with all the gadgets.OK so with that information what brand(s) would you recommend.

OK, i see your point. I dont want junk. No I cant sell 100K system to a home owner, the houses ill be doing are 500k-1m on avg. So i would assume price point would be around 5-8k for installed for a quality system with 4-8 cameras with all the gadgets.OK so with that information what brand(s) would you recommend.

With your budget you can easily do Avigilon 4 or more cameras

That what I am doing with few builders in city

I review a lot of different cameras for my blog and if you truly want the best image quality then get Mobotix dualnight cameras for outdoors (D14, M12). They are cost effective for home because you don't need a separate DVR, you can use a cheap NAS drive or a even SD cards to record, the NVR solution is built in. No place I set them up at did people complain about quality, maybe they moaned over the price, but not quality. Also they are dead on reliable, no moving parts,I can see them working for many years.

For indoors, they just released the S14, it's a camera you can stick inside a wall and then it has two lenses (for day/night) and they are tiny, so very little would show through the wall, maybe 1 1/2" diameter, that's it, much cleaner looking than a traditional dome.

As for lighting, consider RayTec illuminators, expensive but high quality, good support. Don't know if they have any designer residential type lighting for indoors. You may have to get clever there.

Thanks for your responses, anybody deal with iq invision?

I've used their cameras a fair bit, mostly IQ511s and IQA11 domes... they're pretty good, though a bit on the pricier side. I do particularly like how configurable they are, and a lot of the extra features they have, and the fact that you can configure them without needing ActiveX.

I review a lot of different cameras for my blog and if you truly want the best image quality then get Mobotix dualnight cameras for outdoors (D14, M12). They are cost effective for home because you don't need a separate DVR, you can use a cheap NAS drive or a even SD cards to record, the NVR solution is built in. No place I set them up at did people complain about quality, maybe they moaned over the price, but not quality. Also they are dead on reliable, no moving parts,I can see them working for many years.

For indoors, they just released the S14, it's a camera you can stick inside a wall and then it has two lenses (for day/night) and they are tiny, so very little would show through the wall, maybe 1 1/2" diameter, that's it, much cleaner looking than a traditional dome.

As for lighting, consider RayTec illuminators, expensive but high quality, good support. Don't know if they have any designer residential type lighting for indoors. You may have to get clever there.

don't you think when I record my camera movies on NAS drive or inside SD cards it's not secure?!!actually when I missed my camera(by robbers or...)I will miss all things?!!

What do you mean by not secure, that a thief can physically steal it or are you referring that you feel a CIFS or NFS's username/password is not sufficient on a NAS.

Actually, with Mobotix, even if you had the password for the NAS or if you physicaly stole the SD card, you would not be able to access the encrypted videos without the Mobotix camera and it's username and password (Mobotix cameras can not be reset by a button like most IP cameras, must be sent back to the factory for a reset and if it's reported stolen, they will not reset the camera). There will be a thumbnail image for each video event that the person who hacked into the NAS or SD card can see, but not the video. Of course, can't someone just as easily access or steal any NVR if they new the username/password?