Dr.Pepper

Live Viewing Issues

Hi guys,

I work in a shop where ive set up the CCTV cameras (only a small high street computer repair shop). We have 8 cameras in total. They are all hard wired in and connected to a DVR. (Video Switch Vi101).

The program to watch the camera feeds remotely is pretty good, however i want to be able to watch it in real time rather than frame by frame that the program only allows for.

For example, at the moment you can watch a frame a second. In the shop its connected to a monitor and of course you can watch it in real time there but not remotely. Is there any way to watch it remotely?

I also saw and option in one of the settings of the DVR and the "Vi-Viewer" software for something to do with MP4 and its ports etc, but ive never been able to get it to work properly. Any ideas on that front?

I may be being stupid and it may just be a case of a different piece of software but you guys can tell me that as ive got no idea

Cheers

PS. Any more info or screenshots please just ask.

So let me get this right, there is software that is supposed to give live view, but it is not working?

If You use network preview, it will be always as recording preview, or perhaps (if DVR supports it) just like sub-stream settings say, which usually is much worse than main stream. Check Your DVR manual and see recording speed. It might just be a small correction in DVR settings, but I believe that if You'd like to get live preview 25fps, Youll have to consider upgrading to better hardware.

You use remote surveillance in LAN or WAN? If its not local, then for 8 cameras (depends on resolution of course), I' d recommend minimum 3Mbps upload speed.