Sign in to follow this  
Rhea

What is this DVR

HI everybody.. my daughter's DVR got screwed up so she called the installer and the guy came and replaced with this.... no papers no documents........ charged her 800$

To me it looks pretty obsolete Your opinion... Looking for Your judgement so I know how to handle the situation... sorry, the DVR front pic is pretty fuzzy...

Thanx for help

430043762_photo(2).JPG.f0986828cc24e99c5a74f279d3e7061b.JPG

photo.JPG.9c47ae2d26d4b9f68096b20c16484ba8.JPG

Edited by Guest

What do you mean by "I smell dead rat here"?

HI everybody.. my daughter's DVR got screwed up so she called the installer and the guy came and replaced with this.... no papers no documents... I smell dead rat here..... charged her 800$

To me it looks pretty obsolete Your opinion... Looking for Your judgement so I know how to handle the situation... sorry, the DVR front pic is pretty fuzzy...

Thanx for help

I am trying to say that the guy has replaced the DVR with one that is pretty obsolete & old type for the price of high quality DVR

Any ideas

I'd expect at full retail this type of DVR would sell for $200-$250 without a hard drive. Add $150-$200 for a hard drive. Similar quality DVRs can be found on ebay for $125 or less (w/o hard drive).

A quick google search turned up the manufacturer:

http://www.yishi.net.cn/video/ProductShow.asp?ID=208

Anyway, even when you add installation and configuration charges I think $800 is still a bit excessive for this. Another non-branded dvr from china with no documentation or support.

Hows the picture quality?

Playback quality?

I'm not sure if its possible to be able to look at the DVR case and see if the components are good or not. I think we need more information. Just my 2 cents.

hi. its an old TVT unit also sold as q-see or sams. not sold anymore.

only CIF quality ...... worth about $50

file.php?id=3837

I'm not sure if its possible to be able to look at the DVR case and see if the components are good or not. I think we need more information. Just my 2 cents.

There's a model number YS-3508V. Search results are full of chineese wholesalers. From there the specs and manufacturer are listed. To me it looks like many other inexpensive DVRs found on ebay.