kifaru

Need help adjusting Acti TCM-7811

Well, it originally had a terrible picture. But page two, scroll down and that picture of the old camera and settings look about the same now with the new one. Frankly, I'd get a refund. That's not an acceptable picture from a camera not far above the cars in the driveway. At least not to me. I would however be curious how a person looks at the cars, but overall I'd guess it wouldn't be sufficient. That's just not a camera I would choose as a good fit for that spot.

I am not happy with this camera, and I have spent a lot of time going up & down the ladder working on this. I even ordered some IR illuminators which should be delivered in a few days. But, as per buellwinkle's post adding IR did not make much of a difference to his 7811 setup.

viewtopic.php?p=197284#p197284

Edited by Guest

I have a new TCM-5311 which I think is comparable to the TCM-7811. I'm still tinkering with settings, but I too am seeing more noise than I would have expected. I have AE=15 (ish) because otherwise the noise is pretty high. I do wonder how AE and brightness settings interact with each other.

I need to put a new lens on the camera this week and then I'll have sample images.

I have to wonder if the latest TCM firmware is not optimized for CCD cameras.

kifaru,

Have you gotten a better night image yet? So far I have not gotten a very good picture. LOTS of snow. I'm not very impressed with the night image at all. not even close to what the Acti video shows it to be.

Do you have to focus the 7811 manually? I.E. physically do something on the unit?

So, if you change the zoom from 4mm to 8mm you need to refocus physically on the unit?

Do you have to focus the 7811 manually? I.E. physically do something on the unit?

So, if you change the zoom from 4mm to 8mm you need to refocus physically on the unit?

Yes, manual adjustments for focal length and focus.