wayhig

Elevator camera power problem.

Video loss daily with dome type elevator camera. AC power supplied by elevator company and works fine. Travel cable checked and has no problems. Tried different camera manufactures with the same problem. Loss is at different times. If I power cycle the 24VAC transformer the camera works for a day. Any suggestions?

Maybe there is a problem with the elevator Cable supplying the AC and is intermittent. Have you thought about

putting a UPS up there and plugging the camera into that?

Hi... I think you should try that if you can.

Please remember safety 1st and if the camera is plugged into the top of the elevator car you may need to call the elevator company. Otherwise if something goes wrong with the elevator after your testing / repairs you could be in a lot of trouble. IMO

Maybe there is a problem with the elevator Cable supplying the AC and is intermittent. Have you thought about

putting a UPS up there and plugging the camera into that?

When I work on top of an elevator in NYC, it is required an elevator person be present, the building has to announce to the tenants when the elevator is going to be shut down, and the board of directors has to approve the

time and day of shut down. Huge PITA!

I'm also in NYC.

Safety 1st.

Don't take chances with your safety and especially not with others.

If something happens with the elevator after you work on it without authorization from the proper jurisdictions (AHJ's) you may be in a lot of trouble. You might regret the day you took the job...

When I work on top of an elevator in NYC, it is required an elevator person be present, the building has to announce to the tenants when the elevator is going to be shut down, and the board of directors has to approve the

time and day of shut down. Huge PITA!

Video loss daily with dome type elevator camera. AC power supplied by elevator company and works fine. Travel cable checked and has no problems. Tried different camera manufactures with the same problem. Loss is at different times. If I power cycle the 24VAC transformer the camera works for a day. Any suggestions?

hi. could just be a broken cable (video) intermittent with movement of elevator. (most common fault with lifts)

what type of cable have you used ??