jaysen

Help Needed - Dahua IP Camera setup....

Can someone lend a hand, I'm sure this is something very small I'm overlooking...

I bought a couple Dahua IP cams to test out, specifically the IPC-HDB3200C and IPC-HFW2100, and have been trying to set it up at home to test out.

My home Network consist of the following;

ASUS RT-N66U Router (set to DHCP) > HP 1810-24G (24 port switch) > Trendnet TPE-S44 POE switch

My home network IP range is 192.168.0.X

I've added the switch to one of my available ports on the HP 1810G, and have the camera hooked up to the Trendnet POE Switch. I load up Config Tool can see the camera but its listed with an IP of 192.168.1.108. When I try logging in it prompts with wiht an "IP Addrss Modification" box where I can change values for IP Address, Subnet Mask, Defualt Gateway.

To the right it says: "NOTE: Current IP and PC IP may not in the same network segment. Please reset and then try again"

Well, I try changing the values but they will not stick... any ideas? I've reset the cameras with the buttons on the cameras themselves but still no luck...

Edited by Guest

UPDATE:

I was able to finally access the cameras individually, by changing my network settings on my computer to reflect the cameras ip range and gateway (192.168.1.x) however I am experiencing some problems...

First issue; I cannot manually set the IP for each camera on my TRUE ip range (192.168.0.x) nor select DHCP hoping my router would assign a proper IP. After "saving" the settings, I switched back my computer settings, re attached the switch to my network, and the cameras are still showing an ip of 192.168.1.108

Second issue; Config tool will not display more than one camera at one time. If I have two domes hooked up, it'll only list one. However if I refresh the mac address will change and it will cycle between the two cameras. What's EVEN more strange, is the bullet cameras will not show up at all however, if I have them connected I can connect to them and view the video via 192.168.1.108

Sorry if this is confusing, but for those that HAVE setup Dahua cameras, any help would be appreciated.

I've yet to see a camera not allow you to set any valid IP address or use DHCP to get one from a router. Each camera has it's quirks, for example, with ACTi, you set the IP, but then you have to click on save & reboot for it take and if you go to another menu before you do that, it loses that setting.

Also, do you have multiple DHCP servers on your network? Some people will buy two routers inadvertently, for example, the cable modem is a router, and they add a WiFi router to that and they end up with two DHCP servers if they don't realize they have to turn one off. Also, try just using the switch not attached to anything other than your PC and the camera and setup fixed IP's for both on the same subnet and see if that works. At least that takes any router out of the picture until you setup the camera.

You could try asking about firmware updates for the cameras, I had one Dahua cam that had some twitchy network issues until I updated it.

Sorry for the delayed response guys, I've been busy running around with my 2 yr old... I will have a little more time now to install/troubleshoot so I'll update here shortly.

Bull;

I actually do have 2 DHCP Servers (2 routers actually) on my network - one in the 192.168.0.x range and the other in 192.168.1.x range... Although I've setup the FiOS router (for my On-Demand/DVR functionality) to only allow DHCP for the set to boxes, that shouldn't be interfering but who knows...

I actually did what you suggested, which I was able to see one cam at a time in the Config Tool program. I hooked the POE switch to my desktop, set the NIC to the same range as the cameras, and was able to login/view each one. My issue comes with the cameras not holding the IP I input, even after I hit save and it prompts me that the "Save was successful"....

Again, I'll have more time to troubleshoot and will post back here shortly. Gonna also get a hold of the manufacturer to see if there are firmware updates available..

You could try asking about firmware updates for the cameras, I had one Dahua/Dahua cam that had some twitchy network issues until I updated it.

Where did you obtain the firmware... I was on Dahua's website and they have a poor directory for available software/firmware.

Thanks

For those that have installed these... On the initial setup, are you using a POE switch or a seperate 12V supply? I am starting to believe there is a conflict with either the POE switch

Also, those using a POE switch, which are you using?

I almost never power a camera off a separate power supply any more. Got a little 4+4 PoE switch for my workbench, makes setup easy.

Still haven't heard back from the Distributor...

Anyway,this is getting frustrating - love me a challenge!

Like I stated before, I am able to access the cameras when I separate myself from my home network and place manually set my desktop to a 192.168.1.xxx range;

What's strange is in the Quick Config Tool after logging in, I can "manually" add an IP address and hit Save and receive a "Save Succeeded" Prompt. However the IP i entered will not save and the camera will revert to 192.168.1.108. But if I check DHCP, that will actually save. The issue I have is when trying to add it back to my home network it reverts to 192.168.1.108

I am also experiencing the issue when I log into the Web Service interface and navigate to the TCP/IP section. I can select DHCP just fine however when I try to save a manual IP it tells me "Save failed" which leads me to believe the Web Service is smarter than the quick config tool hahaha.

...Still waiting to hear back from the distributor.

I guess worse case scenario I can switch my home network back to the 192.168.1.X range, which wouldn't be difficult but would really like to figure out what the deal is.

Here's what I know about doing business with companies in mainland China. Friday is there Saturday, so don't expect a response until Sunday night. I'm on the left coast, so my 6PM is their morning, so I email them around 8PM because by then, they cleared out their overnight email and they get mine fresh, not part of a stack of emails they hurry through. They rarely will call because it's easier to send emails, less issues with accents, so expect a back and forth email dialoge that can last days. Many have Skype, if you can contact them on Skype, that would be best. Expect to get answers for questions you never asked and never really answer your question.

For those that have installed these... On the initial setup, are you using a POE switch or a seperate 12V supply? I am starting to believe there is a conflict with either the POE switch

hi as well as IP input you may find the subnet needs changing ...... your camera may be 255.255.255.255

change this to 255.255.255.0 on the camera.

hi as well as IP input you may find the subnet needs changing ...... your camera may be 255.255.255.255

change this to 255.255.255.0 on the camera.

Thanks for your input... Sub is correct.

So yesterday I purchased a netgear switch for three times the cost of my trendnet... I also tested the system out at my parents home - no elaborate network, just an AT&T router to one desktop.

I plugged the new Switch in and was able to recognize one of the cameras with a new ip. The camera was set for dhcp so it looks like it was receiving the ip from the router.... Which now leads me to believe this is more of an issue with my setup at home. Back to troubleshooting.

Funny thing is my $80 foscams didn't give me this much trouble!

UPDATE:

I've got good and bad news... We'll start with good;

I got both bullet cams (IPC-HFW2100) up and running with static IP's in my current network range; 192.168.0.x - I was able to get them to boot using DHCP. Once they were in my range, I went into the web admin and changed them to static addresses - WHEW!

As for both Dome's I truly think there's a firmware bug with these cameras... both DOME cameras are set to static IP's; 192.168.1.108 from the manufacture. When both are connected to the POE Switch simultaneously, both will not display in the CONFIG TOOL software (assuming because of the IP conflict). I managed to use Bonjour Browser in OSX to display the cameras even with both assigned to 192.168.1.108... I attempted to do the same as I did with the bullets - change them to DHCP and reconnect them back to my network.

Here is where the "bug" is... See screenshot below - Bonjour shows the camera right below it it list the IP: 192.168.1.108 but if you look further down, it shows IP, SUBNET, and Gateway all within my current networks range. The cameras are receiving the routers DHCP assignment, but isn't assigning them properly... My next step is to manually add the mac address of each dome to my router with static ip assigned. so HOPEFULLY, that will force the camera to take an IP in my range as oppose to the default.

Crossing fingers...

The distributor had got back to me but had to resend an email so still waiting on them...

Here's the dome camera connected;

195991_1.png

This picture shows the bullet connected with proper settings;

195991_2.png

*** SOLVED ***

So it ended up being the firmware...

I would caution anyone to always update their firmware to the latest when using Dahua or any other Dahua rebrand (i.e. Dahua) cameras...

These are killer cameras for the price... I will post some samples in a new thread once I get them mounted.

Thanks to all those that assisted me in the process.

*** SOLVED ***

So it ended up being the firmware...

I would caution anyone to always update their firmware to the latest when using Dahua or any other Dahua rebrand (i.e. Dahua cameras...

These are killer cameras for the price... I will post some samples in a new thread once I get them mounted.

Thanks to all those that assisted me in the process.

Have you mounted them?

Do they made new firmware, or have to solve this problem by oneself?