I think this started a few weeks ago when I installed a new Intel SSD (cloned with Acronis).

Then Avigilon periodically would crash, seemed to need new locations for the config and storage etc. Once I reset those it seemed to be OK for a few days.

Now it says no license file, when I try to add the license it says it is in use on another computer (it isn't the old hard drive is not even hooked up).

Tried hooking up the old drive to see if maybe I needed to uninstall it from that first (disconnecting the SSD) and get the same message. So no luck with that route.

Any advice appreciated.

FWIW, all other programs (Axis Camera Station, VitaminD and Milestone are all still working fine on either drive).

I think this started a few weeks ago when I installed a new Intel SSD (cloned with Acronis).

Then Avigilon periodically would crash, seemed to need new locations for the config and storage etc. Once I reset those it seemed to be OK for a few days.

Now it says no license file, when I try to add the license it says it is in use on another computer (it isn't the old hard drive is not even hooked up).

Tried hooking up the old drive to see if maybe I needed to uninstall it from that first (disconnecting the SSD) and get the same message. So no luck with that route.

Any advice appreciated.

FWIW, all other programs (Axis Camera Station, VitaminD and Milestone are all still working fine on either drive).

1.Wel,l I never had luck using Acronis image on SSD

reg sata drive no problem

2.Avigilon has deactivate lic utility

u can try and activate again or simply call support.

I would simply install fresh win and done with it

take very little time to do it

but I am sure u know this yourself

That's in process, they sent a link to the tool, which I then have to send in.

Turns out it was caused by replacing a NIC card, they use the MAC on that to generate a fingerprint of your system.

After 3 such changes, you need a waiver from them or you are stuck buying another set of licenses.

I have deactivated before to move licenses to another machine and not had any trouble with Avigilon tech support.

As long as your up front and honest with them they are fine.

Update: reactivated the license per their instructions and back to normal.

Who would doubt Avigilon support

glad it work for you