BritBlaster

Help sought in selecting standalone NVR

Not sure if this is the correct location or not for this type of post, but here goes.

I currently have an all-Sony solution consisting of an NSR-S10/1T NVR, and four SNCDH280 (1080p IP cameras). The Sony DVR leaves a lot to be desired, and I was wondering whether there were some good upgrade options available to use existing infrastructure. (Incidentally, the Sony DVR was recently updated to the latest firmware, and as a result it seems to have changed/deleted the admin accounts as only the user/user account works now. I can't find a way to reset the password -- anyone know?)

So, anyway here's my wishlist:

* Quiet, small (not too much bigger than the NSR-S10) as it will be put in enclosed network box in my son's bedroom.

* Support my existing four cameras (no intention of expanding past four)

* Provide two NICs (pref gigabit) -- one for camera network, one for local network.

* (Nice-to-have) Configurable entirely via LAN/HTTP, so that it does not require USB mouse/keyboard/monitor.

* iPhone support so that it can push video snippets based on motion detectors.

* Prefer to have 1080p support at a reasonable frame rate.

* 500 or 1000 GB HD storage

* Compatible with standard browsers without installing software, or be otherwise compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.

Does such a unit even exist? Would love to know what options there are to consider.

Thanks for the link! Looks like a great system, but at $3000 for the system I'd require, a bit more than I want to spend.

I might go with the free software Axxon Smart, if it works for me, and just use my PC as the NVR...

Thanks for the link! Looks like a great system, but at $3000 for the system I'd require, a bit more than I want to spend.

I might go with the free software Axxon Smart, if it works for me, and just use my PC as the NVR...

Try Milestone "Go", only has a local client but much better than Axxon

BTW, I did try the "Axxon Smart". It crashed frequently and was very slow, and I could not ever get it to work properly. It was complicated to use and very frustrating. The Xprotect Go was a huge improvement.