jlohrenz

Geovision on Linux?

I just stumbled upon this site and am hoping I could get some information here. I'm setting up a box at our home to monitor currently 3 cameras but eventually up to 8. I got a Geovision GV-600, but am considering getting the GV-650 instead.

Granted the software that comes with it is for Windows, but I would really like to have a Linux box running this. Are there any applications out there that would work with this card in Linux?

Will this card even work in Linux or can it only function with its Windows based software?

TIA!

Jason L

OK thanks. That's kind of what I had gathered after doing a lot of searching on the net. Oh well. I guess I'll have to work with windows.

True,

But unfortunately that is what I purchased. I didn't even thing about the windows / Linux issue until I started configuring the machine. It's not a big deal, I just like the improved security that is possible with Linux.

Thanks agian.

well, one thing that you can do is shut off any services that you are not going to use, search the web and you can find a lot of them.