videoVIP

Looking for a professional "game cam"...?

Client wants to monitor several equipment rooms. Very difficult to get CCTV to these locations. I suggested something along the lines of a "game cam" (the cams hunters use to see how many deer are transiting a specific location...they record snap-shots onto an SD card).

I don't want to stick a game cam on the wall, and am curious if there is a similar camera available in the CCTV world. Ideally camera is motion-activated with built-in IR's and SD card storage.

Reconyx makes similar cameras for security applications. Might still look a little odd hanging on a wall though...

Yeah...those look like game cams where they painted over the camo! I guess what I'm looking for is something similar, but packaged in a traditional CCTV type housing (e.g. dome).

So you don't need them to stream anything to a DVR or computer, right? You just want to plug it into a power supply, insert an SD card, and review the information on the SD card if there is ever an incident, right?

If that's the case, there are a ton of options available.

On Amazon, you can pick up a pan tilt camera with wifi and an SD card for under $100 (free shipping on Prime too!) . Search for Esky C5900. That'll let you stream the video over wifi to a computer if you have one in range, or record onto an SD card @ 30fps. Has IR and even has an IR cut filter.

Shoot, why don't I buy these cameras?

On Amazon, you can pick up a pan tilt camera with wifi and an SD card for under $100 (free shipping on Prime too!) . Search for Esky C5900. That'll let you stream the video over wifi to a computer if you have one in range, or record onto an SD card @ 30fps. Has IR and even has an IR cut filter.

Looking for something a little more professional/commercial quality. This will reside in a harsh environment.

Still shots, not video.