stephanovich

Editing of CCTV files...???

Hi,

I need to edit some cctv avi files that have images that I want to give to the police etc...can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this...I do have windows media but I find it`s not ideal...or perhaps I need to become more familiar with it...however,there may be easier programmes to do this with and I`d appreciate any advice.

Thanks

I've never had police ask for edited video - any sort of alteration to the files would make them useless as evidence in court.

Hi,

I need to edit some cctv avi files that have images that I want to give to the police etc...can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this...I do have windows media but I find it`s not ideal...or perhaps I need to become more familiar with it...however,there may be easier programmes to do this with and I`d appreciate any advice.

Thanks

What do you mean by edit? What are you looking to accomplish exactly?

I've provided video to police several dozen times and (depending on the DVR) if the video segments were very long I just note the time(s) to FF to.

Hi...they are avi files but they are in 30min files...there are so many of them that I was trying to edit for just the relevant bits...nobody wants to trawl through hours of footage for a few seconds on each 30 min file surely... they were downloaded to a 32gb usb flash drive which is nearly full...I don`t want to give them that so I was going to give them a disc.

Thanks for the replies guys...I found a disc that I`d forgotten about in the box...I`ll see what that provides.

I`ve been using the live movie maker and am a bit more familiar with it...and you were right about just giving the files and marking time...there i was trying to make it easy and didnt need to bother !