cloudy

can anyone help me with this stupid DVR

Ive been pissing about with my Dahua DVR and still cannot get it to work properly, my frustration level is at 100%

firstly when i am viewing recorgings over the network cable i can press the snapshot button but i dont know where the images go, and have no idea where to specify the path

and i still cannot set up port forwarding for remote viewing,

i put in all the details for my modem router from portforward.com and ran their port checker program and it keeps saying that the ports are not open

what more can i do? i just want it simple and to work first time and can anyone tell me why i have spent a fortune on a **** quality analogue system when you can buy a mini HD recorder with much better quality for $50

firstly when i am viewing recorgings over the network cable i can press the snapshot button but i dont know where the images go, and have no idea where to specify the path

Hi. its like everything new. time is needed to learn everything.

to set snapshot. just go into PSS software then at bottom you will see config click that then options.

196440_1.jpg

then you will see where snapshots are sent. you can change this rule to say your desktop to make it easy.

196440_2.jpg

Edited by Guest

im confused, are we talking about the web services program or the pss program,

because the pss program is just another extra program that i cant be bothered to use i just want it simple and easy, (it tried to ask me for a password to shut it down - so i had to ctrl,alt,delete - i hate stupid stuff like that

why cant they make just 1 program that does everything and is easy to navigate

yes i have absolutely no patience today as my zone alarm corrupted, wouldnt let me connect to the net and no way to uninstall it easily and it took me 4 hours to finally scrub it.

i guess no one can tell me why my ports will not open?

sorry yes dropbox has a problem. in pics in place.

why cant they make just 1 program that does everything and is easy to navigate

they do its called PSS. it does take time to learn. but once everything is done via the PSS then just using DVR mouse will make it simple.

(it tried to ask me for a password to shut it down - so i had to ctrl,alt,delete - i hate stupid stuff like that

admin then admin. then shuts down. you can also remove passwords from the PSS software.

well, either im being a spaz or something but i get no live view on the pss software, i have no idea where to select the channels, and when i click on playback all the boxes are empty and i cant find any files like i can on the web service client

im perfectly happy to use the web service (as its much simpler and seems to work) but can someone tell me where the pics get saved?

I have had that problem once before that the pics were not saving. I had to disable pop up blocker or something

like that. In the web service, once you click snapshot, the picture should pop up as a preview and than you

click save. Either disable pop up blocker for the URL of the dvr or ad the dvr in trusted sites. I can't remember

which one?

In PSS, you have to ad your dvr as a device. Go in Settings manage than device manage, than click ADD.

Than enter your URL of the dvr, user name, password, the TCP port, not the http port, type of device you

should roll down to DVR, than make sure you click SAVE.

thanks for the advice,

i can say that i have just got my remote viewing on my phone to work, i had to put the DVR in the DMZ as well as port forwarding,

now i just have to turn off the DCHP and assign the DVR permamently and then work out how to view it using a dynamic address as i dont want to type in a new address everyday , i believe there is a way to do this?

on the web sevice clicking the camera does nothing but there is no tab for the pop up blocker if that is the cause

on pss, i have added my dvr using the search function but still no live pic and when i go to playback and select device it says not logged in?

well, i finally moved and got my surveillance system set up

and yesterday when i came home i noticed a calling card that had been left so i searched the system and spotted a guy in a 4x4 in the driveway he went to the front door then back to his car then around the side of the house for a minute where i didnt have a camera then back to his car then stood there and pondered looking at his calling card before leaving it and driving off. he acted a bit shifty to me

this lead me to change one of the directions of my cameras but they dont cover every angle, anyway if he hadnt left a card i would have never have known anyone was there.

i cant seem to get my motion detect to work under the config encode settings

so this leaves me wondering if i should purchase one of those cheapy security systems with wireless pir sensors that you can put anywhere and you get an instant SMS whenever one is triggered - so you can look on your phone or check at that time when you get home.

ps

i still cannot take a snapshot using the web service program and ive tried disabling popup blocker under IE9 perhaps its zone alarm that is doing it?

i cant even log on to web service using fiirefox as there is no setup settings listed and i have got pss to work inc snapshot but i dont like it - its too clunky

so if anyone can help me out?

It feels like i keep going around in circles

now i cannot even get the web service to work anymore as i have just reinstalled IE9 and everytime i try to change the active x controls explorer keeps bugging me and telling me its unsafe every single time which is driving me nuts

so i have tried the PSS which annoys me just looking at the interface and when i go to playback to watch the files i recorded there doesnt seem to be a way to skip time by either a bar or fast forward as the little player control panel disappears?

also still cannot get the live view on my phone to work, i did get it to work at my old place when i was on dynamic adsl but now i have a new sat net connection with a different seperate router

this is what is set up on router

Virtual Servers

ID Service Port Internal Port IP Address Protocol Status Modify

1 37777 37777 192.168.0.100 TCP Enabled Modify Delete

2 37778 37778 192.168.0.100 UDP Enabled Modify Delete

and ive even put the 192.168.0.100 in the DMZ which is what i had to do to get it to work last time

and i have a static IP that i have put in my phone device info on Gdmss and the port 37777

but still doesnt work? it works on phone though my internal wifi, so not a username or password thing,

any help?

if you have a new router, there's a good chance your dvr has a new ip (ie. not 192.168.0.100). if you have that number hard-coded, it's also possible the rest of your network has a new address range (such as 192.168.1.*) which means nothing on it would be able to communicate with the dvr at the old address.

if you're now using a satellite internet service, i can tell you right now, you won't be happy with the remote viewing speeds - sat service has very low upstream bandwidth and you'll be lucky to get one static image per 2-3 seconds.

as for ie9, well... that's just because ie9 is a piece of $#!t.

thanks for the tip but 192.168.0.100. was my new assigned ip from the new router the old one was 10.1.1.2 and it works over the wifi network

my upload is 500kbps is that fast enough?

how would i know if they are blocking port 80? and im guessing i cant do anything about it if they were?

also, every few weeks i keep getting a HDD error and i cant see to reformat/access Hdd through the network cable - i have to connect a vga which is annoying - anyone else get this?

I am also thinking it might be better not to have the system on 24 hours a day (make it last longer/ save power) when im at home all day i could switch it off, but is using the wall switch a good idea? otherwise shutting it down from the menu is a pain in the A$$

well, i finally got it working and i think the problem was not with my uploading but my phone downloading as 3G is completely useless

worked yesterday afternoon but wouldnt work all yesterday evening

thanks for all the help everyone (sarcasm)

here is a pic of my cams

http://s11.postimage.org/6tq1e8gtv/cams_copy.jpg

all about 600tvl

cam 3 cost about $30 fixed 3.6mm

cams 2 & 4 3-9mm cost about $80

and cam 1 2.8-12mm and cost about $100

I think the quality is fairly crappy, what do you lot think?