mike_va

concealed carry vs. robbers on cctv

That was an awesome demonstration of why we all need to carry! Love it!

Agree !

now imagine if everybody on plane would have a gun

( may be occasional shouting between wife and husband )

then we don't need airport security

and no terrorist

Wild west bull****t. The guy may have had some target range pratice, but he showed a lack of training when it came to firing a gun in a cowded establishment. He was actually no more responsible with his weapon than the bandits were. He was LUCKY he didn't hit or kill an innocent bystander. Think he'd be cheered then? Think he wouldn't have been charged then? Think he wouldn't be doing jail time then? What if they shot back and a gun battle errupted? What if your family member was killed because of it? Would you let the guy off the hook for killing your wife or kid when you found out the bandits had a fake gun? A moronic Florida law doesn't make it right. As much as I don't want to see innocent people in harms way during an armed robbery, I don't want to see them in harms way from a guy with a concealed weapon either. Two wrongs don't make a right. I heard a good question at an OSHA meeting once and I remember it still. Did you have a safe day, or did you have a lucky day? That day was all about luck. No one was any safer with all three of them being in there.

My 2 cents.

And btw, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy ends up being charged with attempted murder. He clearly chased them, shooting to kill, when they were no longer a threat to his life. A terrible lack of judgement for those around him at that point as well. That's why you don't arm people who don't know what the frig they are doing. I'm not on the kids side and I'm not a defense attorney. But it ain't hard to wrap up that scene...being caught on cctv and all....

It was in Florida, where the law says you do NOT have to back down/flee from your attacker. Also, the part where he "chased" them is very misleading; the entire engagement occurred within the building. He continued firing upon the perpetrators until they fled the scene. According to Florida law (and many other US states), he was within his right to engage with deadly force if he felt the perpetrators were a threat to those around them.

Frankly, I wish he would have had much more training with his personal carry weapon, so that he would have only needed to fire twice; once each. So in regard to the fact that it was pretty pisspoor weapon discipline, I agree. And had he hit a bystander, he would have been charged, and rightfully so. People need to understand that just because they CAN carry a weapon, you still need to have proper training and judgement before whipping it out and "busting some caps".

Also, carrying subsonic hollow-points, and being well trained and very comfortable with your weapon helps prevent collateral damage. I'm a firm believer that EVERYONE should be trained in the appropriate, safe, and effective use of firearms, and those that wish to carry, should be allowed to after passing a set standard of training (except felons and those otherwise excluded, and also adhering to local/state laws for licensing, of course). But then again, maybe that's just the Marine in me speaking up.