tmescan

Wireless Solutions non IP

Have a client needing 2 PTZs and 1 fixed camera from a remote location (~0.5mi with clear LOS). All needing to be wireless/analog cameras. The DVR can not be relocated. Typically only use IP equipment when wireless is needed but the location has strict rules regarding network applications. Anyone recommend reliable wireless equipment? Thanks alot

Have a client needing 2 PTZs and 1 fixed camera from a remote location (~0.5mi with clear LOS). All needing to be wireless/analog cameras. The DVR can not be relocated. Typically only use IP equipment when wireless is needed but the location has strict rules regarding network applications. Anyone recommend reliable wireless equipment? Thanks alot

About 3 years ago, I know that Cisco has come out with a wireless IP transmitter that has a range of about 1.5 miles. If I remember correctly, you needed a line of sight. How are are the cameras from the DVR? that would help others to suggest a list of equipment.

Is there any way that you could use analog to IP encoders at the far end, and IP to analog decoders at the DVR end? the IP link in that case would be totally isolated from any other network connections.

If it's security your customer is worried about, that should eliminate any network security concerns, and a WPA2 encrypted data link between the points would be far more secure than analog transmitters.

Is there any way that you could use analog to IP encoders at the far end, and IP to analog decoders at the DVR end? the IP link in that case would be totally isolated from any other network connections.

If it's security your customer is worried about, that should eliminate any network security concerns, and a WPA2 encrypted data link between the points would be far more secure than analog transmitters.

I proposed that idea initially but they declined since it was over their lan...Ive convinced them to add an additional DVR onsite and just transmit the video out back...I contacted trango and the best they could offer quality wise was 460tvl with a point to point solution for over 2k. Surely their is something a little better quality for the price. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

What I'm suggesting would not be over their LAN, the only network connections would be between the wireless units at each end and their respective encoders and decoders (which you could even put in the same box, if you wanted).

The only connections to the DVR would be the analog video, and PTZ control.

What I'm suggesting would not be over their LAN, the only network connections would be between the wireless units at each end and their respective encoders and decoders (which you could even put in the same box, if you wanted).

The only connections to the DVR would be the analog video, and PTZ control.

are you saying a PTP IP bridge will transmit encoder/decoder info without being attached to a network?

if thats possible could we use some kind of KVM extender over ethernet/PTP so they could see/control the cameras from where they want? Any resolution/latency issues? Thanks alot

Also, all the cameras and encoder/decoder pairs would be able to run over one wireless link, if you added a small network switch at each end between the encoder/decoder units and the wireless unit.

Also, all the cameras and encoder/decoder pairs would be able to run over one wireless link, if you added a small network switch at each end between the encoder/decoder units and the wireless unit.

Sounds great...the reason i say kvm instead of encoder/decoder is that we might use sdi cameras instead of analog. That way we could get better resolution cameras out there (large areas of coverage needed) and just send back the vga output with the usb controls. Im just worried about how the kvm would perform with this setup...

Sounds great...the reason i say kvm instead of encoder/decoder is that we might use sdi cameras instead of analog. That way we could get better resolution cameras out there (large areas of coverage needed) and just send back the vga output with the usb controls. Im just worried about how the kvm would perform with this setup...

Hmm, u going to use SDI cams and Trango ?

Wireless transmitter-Wireless receiver ?

How are going to sent back VGA ?

using what ?

Hmm, u going to use SDI cams and Trango ?

I apologize I fogot to update that they decided adding an additional DVR at the secondary site would be ok (thatll prob make more since with my kvm idea). Trango seems really pricey but again Ive never had to look for a RF solution before...we typically use ubiquiti products and will probably use them again since I found out they could be used independantly

I apologize I fogot to update that they decided adding an additional DVR at the secondary site would be ok (thatll prob make more since with my kvm idea). Trango seems really pricey but again Ive never had to look for a RF solution before...we typically use ubiquiti products and will probably use them again since I found out they could be used independantly

That sound better

I start to play with SDI recently ( sold 2 system already)

and kinda like it for small jobs

That sound better

I start to play with SDI recently ( sold 2 system already)

and kinda like it for small jobs

Haha yea sorry. Weve installed quite a bit, actually started pushing those over IP when the company didnt have some kind of knowledgable IT personel onsite. Have had a few glitchy cameras but thats been about the only problems weve had so far...