FredB

Best 4 Channel DVR around with IP?

I was at Sunell and Kodicom in December. Kodicom is good, but very expesive. Sunell is solid, very good price. Sunell is still working on their USA approvals.

Don't know about the 3rd.

Sunell is decent product. They are a trading company in China and source product elsewhere, so its not under their control.

Sunell is a good product. Have a few software things that have to be worked out. I am somewhat confused. What is meant by "not under their control"? Last time I checked, Sunell is full control of their product.

Product is made by others in Hong Kong. Usually it is the opposite way but not in this case. At least that is for the mobile DVR's for sure.

I'll tell you after next week. I was at thier factory in Dec. Have someone going there next week. Did not see the MDR on the line. But don't know why they would have it done somewhere else.

I dont think any of those options would be under $600, we have got hold of a good new standalone that would be in that price range.. it comes from a company called AVTech, it is very cheap has inputs, alarms, motion detection and optional 2 Ch webserver, would be around that price for the webserver and the DVR.

Also has VGA and Composite output and removable HDD

Looked at their website: avtech.com and it looks interesting. I was wondering if you could change the record quality, not just from quad to full but different levels.

I saw that that also have a 4 channel with USB out and Mpeg-2. Anyone tried that one. The file size must be alot bigger but also better I would imagine.

The 16 channel and one of the 4 channel dvrs are the same one Digimerge claims to make.

How do you guys feel about wavelet compared to Mpeg-4 to Mjpeg.

Fredrik

The lower end AV Tech is ok. I've been told by one of my friends who buys from AV Tech that the single channel and four channel are fine but that the 16 channel is not so good. He won't even bring it in for his product line. You'll need to find someone local of course to sell it and to service it.

The three AVC products I have seen locally are in the Vitek line. They are the VT-WBS2 two camera server, VT-DVR01 single channel DVR and VT-DVR04/Q 4 channel quad/dvr. Then they have some networked DVRS but those are made by Pinetron and are sold under the Vitek name. The Vitek website is www.vitekcctv.com. I think there is also an East Coast distributor for AV Tech. Rory or Hermin might know since they are more familiar with the suppliers out there

I was looking at the AVC782, AVC783 and AVC784.

I am really looking for the best 4 channel DVR in the $500-$600 range for all the small shops we are doing. Since we are putting them in for around $4000, we don't want to spend $2000 on a DVR.

We have put in a bunch of this one: http://www.cctvdealers.com/dvmrseries.htm

It works fine but no adjustible recording quality and no pull out HD. Only way to back up is vcr or remote.

Thinking of start putting in DVR's with no IP, and just get a separate web server ala' the BlueNet web server, since no DVR really stream video that well, specially if you want to maintain some degree of local recording quality.

We are based in Los Angeles, and get equipment from a number of places including ADI, VSSI, Tried, Vitek and Intellicam.

We get all the cameras from Mintron's dealer in Canada, Sentry-resellers.com

Great cameras, specially the W1

Any feedback would be great

PS.Please don't compare to the Kalatel DVR's. Apples and Oranges...

PS.Please don't compare to the Kalatel DVR's. Apples and Oranges...

Sorry, was going by the title of the thread.

I posted this in another thread but here is a link to the new Vitek DVRs which are networkable and can be hooked up to an external CD/RW for backup. They are higher than what you had asked for, but do have some nice features. In the Los Angeles area Tri-Ed, VSSI, Alarmax and Fairfax Electronics carry Vitek. I think in the price range you had posted you'd have to go to the non network products, but then if you add a server it will boost the cost back up anyway and this way you get full remote access.

http://www.vitekcctv.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=181