Dimaxer

Dahua vs. Hikvision cards

Hi!

I have about ten HIKVISION DS-4016HCI cards on different setups and I am used to the picture these cards show on the screen. Today I have got two Dahua VEC8016HB cards which should be the same as the ones I have and even better. They run the same Netvision software.

So after I switched HikVision to Dahua and replugged all cables I noticed that all of my brand 700tvl cameras started giving me a blurry picture, something like a not very good 420tvl camera. I tried 4 different cables that came with Dahua card and tried both cards (to make sure that problem is not in bad cable or bad card) and it showed that all cameras give me a much worse picture than in my old HIKVISION DS-4016HCI cards. Both realtime picture and recorded ones are blurry, darker and looking like a cheap 420tvl cameras.

I talked to engineer from a company I purchased my cards and he said that Dahua cards are best and both Dahua and HikVision show identical picture and the only difference is frames per second and additional options.

Thank you.

Hi. yes there te same cards. but both dahua and hik cards (new in the passed 12 months) must be ran on wide screen monitors...... there was a time dahua listed types of monitors to use as it was a problem when first came out

Thank you for a quick reply. Yes, this is exactly what the guy from a company that sold me these cards said. Nevertheless, picture on Dahua is truly bad. I worked with about 6 different types of cards and never seen this kind of thing. I hope that there is a secret for this because Dahua VEC8016HB are small in size, produce small amount of heat, are D1 25 frames and are cheap. Plus they have 2 TV outs per 16ch card. A great deal, but what is the problem with a picture? Hm...

Thank you for a quick reply. Yes, this is exactly what the guy from a company that sold me these cards said. Nevertheless, picture on Dahua is truly bad. I worked with about 6 different types of cards and never seen this kind of thing. I hope that there is a secret for this because Dahua VEC8016HB are small in size, produce small amount of heat, are D1 25 frames and are cheap. Plus they have 2 TV outs per 16ch card. A great deal, but what is the problem with a picture? Hm...

Hi Dimaxer,

Are there some pictures you can upload to show us the comparision?

Hi William! Glad to see you here on the forum. I will get back to the office with Dahua cards in 10 days and will upload photos for comparison then. Thank you.

Dima.

Ok, guys, I am back.

I have tree images attached. One is comparison side by side of exported from video file images (best quality in archive settings). Open the link manually, because links are not allowed on this forum.

Second and third images are screenshots of realtime picture. HikVision card was running on 6.40 DVR Server and Dahua card was running on 6.70 Hybrid NDVR Server.

I can show you more examples of how images are being distorted on Dahua cards, but this is needless. The camera in example is Vision HiTech 700TVL, not very very best, but Ok. My other cameras are old 420 TVL - they are OK looking on HikVision, but on Dahua they look like 250TVL cameras. Also images on Dahua card are shifted to the left making black border on the right.

I have two Dahua 16-channel cards, they produce the same bad image and same shifting to the left.

198256_1.png

http://postimage.org/image/wf699oy3j/

198256_2.png

http://postimage.org/image/vqxeqqzdr/

198256_3.png

http://postimage.org/image/5jw7ush3z/

Some additional information:

1. Images posted above don't describe how big difference is. When I look at them right now the difference does not look so badly, but when I watch the realtime video or video from archive the difference is very noticable.

2. On Dahua card all edges are blurred/darkened. I have one camera looking from the ceiling on the red carpet on the floor. All edges on the carpet are almost dark, though the carpet is red.

3. All objects on Dahua are darkened/saturated/contrast. When I make image lighter in settings this does not solve the problem.

Hikvision are very badly crafted cards, they break down like hell (with the common dsp error to haunt most of our machines). For such small deference in picture quality i still prefer dahua cards by far. Compare the pcb

The biggest advantage of hikvision card products are the clients. Hikvison made a fantastic mac client that works only with their software and not with the one that you used here.

Hikvision are very badly crafted cards, they break down like hell (with the common dsp error to haunt most of our machines). For such small deference in picture quality i still prefer dahua cards by far. Compare the pcb

The biggest advantage of hikvision card products are the clients. Hikvison made a fantastic mac client that works only with their software and not with the one that you used here.

Well, I can't tell anything about Dahua because I haven't used them, but so fat I have been using about 10 DS-4016 HCI cards and did not have any problems with them so far. I have one server with 4xDS-4016 HCI running unattended for more then 3 years. I am visiting that server about twice a year.

Regarding Dahua picture - again, in still picture the difference is not so bad, but in live video especially when you know how it look before - the difference is very very bad, it is awful. I am not very picky but I would not change one of my 12 frames HCI 16 channel card to a pair of 25 frames VEC card. Why pay big money for quality cameras if Dahua will make them work like a 15 dollars worth junk camera?

But if someone will point me how to solve the picture quality issue I would switch to Dahua, because they are twice cheaper and have 25 frames.

Well, I can't tell anything about Dahua because I haven't used them, but so fat I have been using about 10 DS-4016 HCI cards and did not have any problems with them so far. I have one server with 4xDS-4016 HCI running unattended for more then 3 years. I am visiting that server about twice a year.

Regarding Dahua picture - again, in still picture the difference is not so bad, but in live video especially when you know how it look before - the difference is very very bad, it is awful. I am not very picky but I would not change one of my 12 frames HCI 16 channel card to a pair of 25 frames VEC card. Why pay big money for quality cameras if Dahua will make them work like a 15 dollars worth junk camera?

But if someone will point me how to solve the picture quality issue I would switch to Dahua, because they are twice cheaper and have 25 frames.

I would trade Dahua card for HIK anytime

sold and install few hundred few years back

was very happy with HIK

but heard enough problems with Dahua

do not offer HIK anymore

switch to only IP and HD-SDI

Never used Dahua cards so I can not help. But I have installed and sold quite a few Hik cards, and I have never had a single one fail or give me problems, so I do wonder why anyone would think that they are "very badly crafted cards"...

Never used Dahua cards so I can not help. But I have installed and sold quite a few Hik cards, and I have never had a single one fail or give me problems, so I do wonder why anyone would think that they are "very badly crafted cards"...

both hik and dahua products sell well abroad

I have installed over 1000 of hik's cards and about 100 dahua cards VEC80XX series myself. The other dvr components (m/b psu case etc) are about the same. Until now i never had a single vec card returned as bad. When i was using hik's 40xx cards i have had over 100 of them returned as bad.