dazza12345789

KGuard network help!

Ive set up 2 separate Kguard systems at my house. Not long after my hard drive crashed and i got to do it all again. So IM getting good at this.

any way log onto your DRV's Network setup and set your DVR to static IP (Im using a linksys router as apposed to a hub though). You dont want the DVRs LOCAL Ip address to be changing it needs to be static or you will have to keep opening different ports. ( im sure there must be a away around this but im not that savy)

On the Network setup page:

Type = Static IP

Media port: 9000

WEB port: 80

IP ADDR 192.168.1.11 (or some thing in your IP range. Your router is likely 192.168.1.1, your PC 192.168.1.2, ect)

Leave the rest alone.

Taking a quick pick of the screen with your phone can help if your keep from forgetting your ip addresses and ports. Keep it handy until you can remember then erase the pic.

Now go to the MOBILE page on your DVR.

pick a name

pick a password.

set port to: 18000

MAKE SURE YOU USE THIS NAME, P/W and Port with your MOBILE APPS (kview) and not the name and pass word you use to log onto your DRV manually. Making them the same is easyest but less secure.

Take another pic for reference.

On your router or HUB

18000 is the port you need to forward so your mobile apps will work.

so open port 18000 for what ever IP address (LOCAL) your DRV was set to in this case it is 192.168.1.11

Now go to google on your PC or phone if it is connected to your network and type MY IP.

your IP should be displayed right there at the top. REMEMBER this is your PUBLIC IP address emphasis on PUBLIC (your address from any where outside your own network) Even if you do not have a static ip address it likely does not change very often (ive had mine for months). So you can easily set up your mobile apps with just your IP address and no DDNS for now to make sure they are working.

Now D/L, install, and open Kview.

open the app then click the + at add a new system then do as follows:

title (what ever name you want)

model = your model (if you have an 8 channel with only 4 cameras you can choose the version with 4 channels make viewing simpler)

IP address: YOUR public IP address that you got from google. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

port: 18000

user name: (the user name you set on the mobile page)

pass word: The password you set on the mobile page.

Hit save.

Next turn off your phones WIFI. Now try viewing your cameras on your phone. Make sure you close the set up or camera viewer on your PC before you check them with your mobile. I seem to only allow one connection at a time.

Once you get this working either leave it alone until your public IP changes (it could be months) Or attempt to set up a DDNS. You should have all the info you need to do that as well now.

On a side note any one with a wireless router you may want to consider turning off SSID broadcast so your network does not appear when people do a wifi search it is also a good ideal to change those ports from default numbers. So change port 18000 to 1800X. Where X is a number from 1-9 that you like. Remember to change it on the DVR, Phone, and Port forward.

Ive never done a tutorial before so i hope this helpful and not just more confusing.

I probably need a proof reader as well.

good luck.

Hi list, this is my first post here and I just want to thank everyone because today I managed to get my Kguard SHA 8ch online and viewable on IE7, Mac OS as well as my iPhone. It was a long few day and a frustrating few. But over the past week or so I learned port forwarding, and a few other bits too. One of the first things I learned is Kguard are not an easy system

This list is an invaluable resource and hopefully I'll be able to help someone here in the future.

Happy cctv'ing