Sign in to follow this  
what-da

Need help choosing PTZ IP/Megapixel

I need to replace Panasonic PTZ dome

I need a good night camera and I though going IP instead of analog

or should i stay with a analog PTZ like WV-CW594

I have looked at Panasonic WV-CW974 i-Pro IP PTZ

and Axis Camera Q6035-E

Which one should I chose or does someone has better expertise that can point me in a better direction.

Thanks in advance

The Axis Q60 is a very good camera. I have video and images from the camera on my blog. I find that the Panasonic PTZ VGA cameras do well in low light, not so much from their HD PTZ cameras, not without having to extend exposure times significantly.

Has anyone used Avigilon 2.0W-H3PTZ-DP20 PTZ dome

and how does it compare to Axis q6035e Day and night.

Thanks in advance

I need a good night camera and I though going IP instead of analog or should i stay with a analog PTZ like WV-CW594

I haven't really recommended the ptz I have yet, because I've only been using it about four months. But this camera quite frankly, kicks ass. You mention you need a good night camera. Check out my sig links for lots of demos on the camera, and this page for recent night vids I've done with it-

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=29591&start=45

Excellent low light picture without the IR's on- no noise. What makes this camera a standout is the IR control- done on the fly with iris. Super handy when tracking manually. I can't really share where I got it or anything, so PM me if interested in more info.

Oops- sorry, I didn't realize this was the IP/MP forum. I was just checking the new posts and responded without looking. Mine is analog. Carry on.

Has anyone used Avigilon 2.0W-H3PTZ-DP20 PTZ dome

and how does it compare to Axis q6035e Day and night.

Thanks in advance

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Avigilon 2mp ptz camera. This is a fantastic camera that is super easy to install and awesome image quality. I was able to test if next to a Axis P55 ptz camera and I preferred the speed and image quality from the Avigilon PTZ cameras.

Pm me if you have any specific questions

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Avigilon 2mp ptz camera. This is a fantastic camera that is super easy to install and awesome image quality. I was able to test if next to a Axis P55 ptz camera and I preferred the speed and image quality from the Avigilon PTZ cameras.

Pm me if you have any specific questions

I get the impression the Avigilon PTZ does not auto track. Looks like it's primarily designed for manned operations. Maybe they will update the software someday to give it more automation.