JacFlasche

Other than resolution what effects a camera's image quality?

Somewhere along the line of shopping for a security camera, I picked up the idea that the highest resolution cameras don't always give the clearest picture.

Is this incorrect or are there other significant factors?

It so, what would one look for?

Somewhere along the line of shopping for a security camera, I picked up the idea that the highest resolution cameras don't always give the clearest picture.

Is this incorrect or are there other significant factors?

It so, what would one look for?

TV lines represented on specifications sheets are rarely the actual representation due to a number of reasons.

Look for a post related to how the camera picture quality (especially the resolution) is affected. There are many out there including one of mine. That should give you a place to start.

also search the camera on youtube, lots of us have been posting videos. Daytime performance is pretty easy to get right, nighttime is where most of the cameras are junk.

How to say it. Because camera is not only hardware but also software(parameter) program issue. It needs accumlate long time experience to program moderate parameter.

Even main board how is logic circus desined and which grade components it deployed and etc. All is factor to impact quality.

Now is flooding of myriad brand and products from China, it is reall a challenge to judge which is qualify to standard.