Numb-nuts

What about Point of Sale Overlays

Can any of my colleagues in the UK advise me where I can get quality POS ovelay equipment trade, for interfacing to the latest SDI HD dvrs? The client has specifically requested a quote for HD cameras.

Any advise or guidance to POS overlays would be appreciated as I haven't done any of these before.

POS is only available on PC based SDI systems. plug and play POS is ok while using analog. but these boxes will not connect with SDI.

might be best going hybrid IP then you have two options in line POS box or digi POS

Realtime POS text overlay is SO 1992. Transaction data logging in the DVR is so much more efficient, effective, and powerful.

POS is only available on PC based SDI systems. plug and play POS is ok while using analog. but these boxes will not connect with SDI.

might be best going hybrid IP then you have two options in line POS box or digi POS

I had a feeling that might be the case. The till in question has an RS232 port and the client had a POS system with analogue DVR before, but as the store is being refurbished he wants to move to HD, so then the only other option is as you say hybrid or IP (if indeed POS data processing is available yet).

I have never noticed POS processing in DVRs as a function but then I have not been looking for it before now.

I might see if Honeywell or Norbain can point me in the right direction.

Vigil DVRs can accept the serial POS data and log it in a searchable database, perfectly synchronized to a related camera (each terminal number can be assigned its own camera). When playing back video, the corresponding line in the POS display is highlighted; when selecting any line in the POS display, the associated camera is displayed at that exact time. Great thing about the POS database is that it's completely searchable, something you can't do with video-embedded text.

There are other DVRs that will do this, of course... this is the one I'm familiar with, though.

edit: found it!

ap89dschKlA