tdprenz

Adding a 9th camera in a GV800 system

I assume you mean the Geovision 8 Ch ? You'll need to put the extra camera and the 8th camera through a real-time colour quad switcher (Input 1 & 2) and hook-up the output of the quad to the GV800 Ch 8 Input. The quad processor merely keeps the sync pulse alive so that the GV800 doesn't auto disable the channel input. The tricky part is how you want to record the 8th input channel; as a slow sequence between the two cam's (if the quad has the feature) or as an alarmed switch using external PIR's at the cam's (if the quad has alarm inputs), or as a 2 camera montage of a quad screen (not so nice).

I guess what I mean is that I have a GV800 with 2 plugs coming out of it that have 8 each bnc dongels. One set is black and the other blue. I just assumed that I could lower the FPS and get more than 8 cameras running without having an outside switching box?

Sounds like you have the 16 channel version, so you would just add camera 9 to the second cable, and enable cameras 1-9. You can set the fps among them. Either way the total fps will be 120 so divide that among all 9 cameras. Or use motion detection only and enable the smart motion setting so it divides the total fps among the amount ot current cameras with motion at any time.

Rory

That's the issue, I can't figure out how to enable the 9th camera. I've gone through every configuration I can find and cameras 9-16 are grayed out.

in the camera enable disable menu item, it doesnt have a check box there for those cameras?

In the Camera/Audio menu there is an activate button that when you open it it only allows you to check boxes 1 through 8. Is there a there a physical jumper or sometthing that enable the second plug worth of bnc? Sorry to be such a pain but it seams like it should be intuitive.

You might want to check under camera/audio section in the software and make sue you don't have limit port number checked with a number smaller than 9 next to it. I am using Version 7.02.

Oops, sorry, looks like you already looked into that. Are you sure how many channels the card supports?

Only thing you need to do is make sure limit port is set to 9, then restart the DVR and the PC, reboot and then you should see 9 cameras when you click on the activate button.

Make sure the 9-16 cam cable is connected properly also, and you have them around the right way.

Rory