jnl636

Information on Dome Camera.

Trying to find out information on this dome camera. What's strange it has a white dome which I've never seen.

Dome1.thumb.JPG.6c6d8c94484fc1cdd14d696ce8f1ba2d.JPG

Here's another shot from my phone. If your looking it. It looks like a white dome. I only saw this aspect when I transferred the pictures from my phone to the computer. But I still can't tel what it is.

Dome3.thumb.JPG.f95340e4d026a1944278bf92a325c1eb.JPG

Soundy wrote:

... my bet would be on some sort of PIR motion detector.

Yeah, the 4 conductor phone wire is the give away. Some places might even call it an occupancy detector, optic PIR or ceiling mounted PIR. They typically have 2 power wires and 2 detect/alarm wires running to them. The commercial ones can be aimed behind the dome for specific coverage on a 3 way mount, similar to some cameras.

It doesn't look like the dome itself is white. More like either dirt/dust or some type of overspray from painting the ceiling. Note the white "specs" on the trim ring.

It's not over spray. It's bad picture. I'll try to get more on Monday and put those up. Until then Thanks for the replies.

Something sounds fishy here.. why haven't you taken it down by now and looked at it? Do you not have access to it and you are trying to figure out if it is watching your moves in this location?

Something sounds fishy here.. why haven't you taken it down by now and looked at it? Do you not have access to it and you are trying to figure out if it is watching your moves in this location?

That was my first question when I read the OP's message.

I do like to know what Big Brother is doing. I mean we'll put this up nobody will notice right? I just want to know what it is. No name on it no numbers on nothing to go by.

It's a dome X-Ray camera. Those can see through walls, floors, even clothes. Hope you aren't wearing your codpiece.

If I was the owner of the camera, I'd make sure your picture cropped and photoshopped to conceal the full coverage and your face would be in some weird scenery of you holding your phone or camera taking pictures of the camera. I'd hang them all over the place near the camera