Sign in to follow this  
ChrisL

Vivotek IP7361 vs Pelco IXE10LW

I had the pleasure of doing a Shootout today with a 2MP Vivotek Camera vs a Pelco IXE10LW 1.2 MP camera.

Both cameras performed fine in perfect lighting, however when we simply shut the blinds to the room the Vivotek camera was the clear looser.

I will have the videos on my Blog that I will be finishing up shortly, but here is a sneak peak at what happened.

First the Vivotek:

198522_1.jpg

Second the Pelco:

198522_2.jpg

Pelco was the clear winner on this one, the gentleman selling the Vivotek camera was even very impressed.

These were at the same time, same lighting....

Feel free to post any questions / concerns.

If for some reason this type of post is not allowed please let me know and I won't post them anymore, as we have shootouts on a weekly basis anymore.

Not really a fair comparison, the Pelco is a purpose built low light camera with WDR, the Vivotek makes no such clams for that model. Also, you are comparing a bullet camera with a smallish varifocal board lens to a box camera with a larger CS mount lens. The Vivotek and Pelco have the same sized sensor, but the Vivotek has higher pixel density that may result in poorer low light performance. Not a fan of Vivotek, but it should be an apples to apples comparison. Also, some of these camera have center spot metering. By positioning one camera with the window in the center and it metering off that vs. the other with a wall in the center, that can skew the results.

I have a lot more of these to post, however this is what the guy selling Vivotek brought to the table. I simply show up and attend the shootout.

There are the Surevision shootout videos on the Pelco web page, but I am not aware of what cameras specifically they are using.

Today I am going to be doing a demonstration on the Spectra HD vs Something Bosh is bringing. I will post those sometime later this week.

-Chris

Not totally fair, but still I like to see the shots of different cameras.

I use some vivotek cameras and have some really good success with a few models, but I have also had quite a few go bad within just a few months of install too. I have had 8332 cameras work amazingly well at night and giving me some very good night images, but I have had 5-6 die on me now where the sensors go bad. I just got two back from an RMA yesterday in fact where they replaced the cameras. Making me look for some others to try now.