Sign in to follow this  
hendrickx

Migrating off of Diamond II

Diamond II is getting near the end of it's life. I know there's nothing good on the market that talks to the hardware, so I'm finding myself in the market for a massive enterprise system overhaul.

We have 690 readers (some doing in-cab elevator control) , 165 duress switches, and 10 motion alarms currently monitored by Diamond II. There are a few remote control things, mostly door release buttons too far from the door to wire back to the panel.

This is among 9 different buildings. They are geographically dispersed, so some of these need to talk over our IP network. The network has a 99% uptime, but the panels doe loose communication during network or power outages. It's critical that the system continue to function during network or power outages. Battery backup on the panels is fine for that, I know lock power may drop with the AC, that's cool.

There are 14,600 active cards in the system as of right now.

Here's the quick and dirty of what I want:

1) APIs I can call for integration. I want to call an API to make a badge or provision access --- this might be a pipe dream and I might have to build SQL integration to make it happen.

2) Easy to use for non-technical folks. I need our security officers to be able to unlock and secure doors with the click of a button. They need to be able to fairly intuitively find their way around. Similarly I need HR to be able to take badge photos easily.

3) Photo import/export for ID cards

4) FARGO card printer suppot

5) Role based user control -- based on custom fields of "department code" and "position code" I want to give users access to doors.

6) Integration with ip cameras (we use axis hardware -- I know the NVR may have to get changed out)

Suggestions for a large-scale enterprise system? I need to get a few to compare to make sure we're making the right choice. If you have a similarly sized business, what are you using and what issues are you having?

Thanks!

We have had good luck with keyscan on multiple building installs the limitation seems to be the fact that a card can only be in two groups on one site. We have currently about 4000 cards and the security officers can see door status and can unlock or lock any door on the system in any of the buildings.

What type of readers? 2f or whatever GE's proprietary protocol is or weigand? Are they home run or terminated at a controller at the door? What are the controllers? You might be able to migrate to Facility Commander relatively easily, otherwise if you want to stick with UTC look into replacing it all with a Lenel system.

If you want to switch companies completely then put in a software house ccure9000 system.