vector18

Dahua 960H dvr

Today I installed a Dahua 960H dvr for a friend of mine. We installed 4 sony effio-e eyeball cameras with

700tvl's. I have been installed pretty much D1 dvr's lately so I was expecting a slight difference. In the

dvr settings, the main stream goes up to qcif, cif, 2cif, hd1, d1, and 960H. I have the main stream set to 960H.

Now the extra stream has the same options, but when I set it for 960H, our Android tablet, Android cell phone, and my Iphone does not display the image. It just gives us a black screen. If I lower the extra stream to D1, we get

a picture on every device. Any ideas why this happens? And if it's not a supported resolution for mobile devices, than why does the dvr have that setting?

Also, I really wasn't that impressed with the pictures. I was hoping to see a much better picture with a 700tvl

effio e camera on a 960H DVR. We had one 1080p tv connected to the dvr with an HDMI cable and it wasn't

all that impressive. I do realize a 960H image is a smaller picture than a 1080p picture, but I just would

have thought it was going to be noticeably better than the D1's I've been installing. I'll take some screen shots

and post them as soon as I get a chance.