iwatchlive

Another problem we are having with GV-1240

I recently purchased a GV-800-4 and am experiencing the same thing. The specs for the card state 120fps, which I suppose would mean that it records 30fps per channel anyway, but since I have set it to 720x480, it does not record at those frame rates (I assume).

I can verify that I am logging in as an administrator because that is the only user/account on the machine.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

You won't be able to use the smart function, because there is no need!! You have a GV800 4 way= 100/4= 25fps, which is realtime. Not sure what the specs are for the GV1240, havent used these cards yet but i am assuming it is the same reason.

hope this helps

Thanks for the fastest response ever!

I'm not getting "real time" recording or monitoring on this system. I know it's supposed to, but I thought that was at the lower resolutions. Video is a little choppy, but I assumed this is because I have it "cranked up" to its highest setting. Should I still be getting the full 30fps?! Perhaps there is another problem...

PC specs for FPS are garbage, they are based at 320x240, lower your res and the PCI bus may accomodate the speeds you need to get those frames, crank it up and watch the frames drop..

Most people do not realise that a 768x576 standalone at 50FPS is equivelant to about a 160FPS pc because when you increase the res to thsi size your frames will drop from 160 to 50 in a heartbeat unless hardware compression is used

OHHH COME ON HERMY LET ME IN

Exactly cctvgeeknz, most people do not realize that.

Also, people should be leary of certain board manufacturers (the actual manufacturers) when advertising hardware compression. A majority only use hardware compression on the output side of the chipset, not on the input side, so it is not a true hardware compression. A true hardware compression board in todays market is more than twice the cost of 99% of the units out there, primarily used in advanced imagery applications such as semiconductor defect inspection etc.

Scottj

Those 8 years working as a Thermal Diffusion Engineer at Conexant paid off...haha

I know these chips inside and out.

Scottj