Sign in to follow this  
POSGuy

Current mobo for nv6480

Hello,

I will be building a system with 2-nv6480's.

Can anyone give me any advice on current mobo's for say an i5 or i7 processor, thanks.

Hello,

I will be building a system with 2-nv6480's.

Can anyone give me any advice on current mobo's for say an i5 or i7 processor, thanks.

Hey PosGuy,

I'm not all that up on the latest and greatest but, I can tell you what I'm using. I think I could get by on less in some areas.

1. I'm using the ASUSE Super Computer P6T WS mobo with 12 gb ram

2. i7 quad core processor.

3. Nvidia GT9500 w/1 gb ram

4. Two large screen monitors. I recommend two identical monitors if at all possible, they should at least be capable of setting both to the same resolution.

These are what Aver supports... 1280x800, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1680x1050, and 1920x1200. make sure your monitors support the res you want to use.

I recently changed everything from my tower case to a rack mount case. It makes it a lot easier to loop my cameras from my pelco matrix set-up to the computer.

I'm also using Win7 64bit system but don't really think that's at all necessary. Also think 4gb ram would be fine for me but I'm only running one card so....

Anyway hope this helps,

John

Thanks John!

You're really welcome.

Have you gotten your 6480's yet, or are you just getting your list together?

cheers,

John

Not exactly current, but I'm running an NV6240-16 on an Intel DH57JG Mini-ITX MB with an i3-540. It uses Win7 Embedded (pretty identical to Win7-32), 8 GB RAM (only 3.5 GB usable due to 32 bit OS), and the CPU's onboard video.

Currently running about 18MP of cams - mostly 1MP, with a 2MP and 5MP thrown in. CPU usage is good as long as I stay with a 3x3 view or smaller; bumping up to 4x4 maxes me out with this low-end CPU.

This is all older generation stuff, but the install went very smoothly. If I were building a new box instead of re-using older hardware, I'd be using an i7 for a dual card setup.

The only hitch was black screens for all cams, which went away when I upgraded the video driver.

Thanks guys...

Just got the po from the customer.

Although Ive built a few dvr's with Aver, I am really the point of sale dealer and try to add cctv whenever I can due to the pos overlay function over ip vs com ports.

This is a 20 cam job with 5 pos terminals.

I just finished an 8 cam system with an NV5000 +extension and had to toss a mobo and roll back to xp pro, could not get the aver drivers to load.

I see aver has the Asus P8Z77-V as a recommended board, I think Ill give it a try.

Two questions...

Hard drives, looking for 2-2TB, any Western Digital recommendations?

CPU i5 or i7?

Thanks again