carrier82

Axis 2400 missing feed, suggestions?

Hi and thanks for reading.

I got two Axis 2400 video encoders, but one of them seems to be a bit broken. Both have latest firmware (2.34) It works for a while, but then it stops broadcasting video. I have tried to switch input but no difference. The web interface works fine, though. Just no image. I was wondering if there is some component that breaks and creates these kind of symptoms or some other kind of fix. Any suggestions for a fix would be welcome as I'm on a tight budget

Never done any update, got these with this firmware but i did do a factory reset. Running CIF has now been trouble free for some hours, the problems were quite immediate with 4CIF. Perhaps some kind of heat related problem, I guess 4CIF takes much more processing power and generates more heat. But just a guess.

If the previous owner didn't reset to factory prior updating, would it create these symptoms? Any remedy?

Hi with axis we used to do updates that seemed to work but still little networking problems. then we were told by axis to always do a hard reset before installing firmware and going back to factory always sorted it.

Thank you very much for your input, tomcctv & mike_va.

I do not have the original PS-D Axis power supply for these units so I feed DC power by the alternate I/O terminal block power feed on pins 1&2. According to 2400 manual, the unit requires 6-30V DC, min 7W. The power supplies I use exceed this requirement and I have tried a couple. Setting the resolution to CIF seems to have solved this problem, but what's intriguing is that I've set resolution to CIF on the web interface, but i'm still able to receive 4CIF feed from the unit by using correct path (/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=2&resolution=704x576) and it has worked fine for hours now.