adamant

camera and monitor question

i am interested in a camera system for my home. one contractor recommended 7 qvis 600 tlv cameras and a apollo hdrt lx dvr.

question:

the dvr can be mounted in the basement , how can i view the camera activity up stairs in the living room with a monitor?

is this good equipment?

Um, run a wire from the dvr to the monitor upstairs?? " title="Applause" />

can a regular computer monitor be used?

If you have a long enough VGA cable. If not, you can run rg59 and use a coax to vga convertor. But why not

run a wire to each TV through out the house and than use a video splitter by the DVR and split the video out

to the number of TV's? This way, you can run a cat 5 to each TV, than use RCA video baluns. OR, if you want

to get crazy and spend some money, if your DVR has an HDMI out, you can use an HDMI splitter, run 2 cat5's

to each TV and than use HDMI baluns!

is this good equipment?

hi. dvr is budget and also new to the market. but that depends on what budget you have to work with.

the dvr can be mounted in the basement , how can i view the camera activity up stairs in the living room with a monitor?

a few ways of doing it. cheapest is over PC/Laptop but if your looking to just have a monitor then VGA out via a KVM exterder with mouse control. you just need a cat5 cable from DVR to monitor.

is this good equipment?

hi. dvr is budget and also new to the market. but that depends on what budget you have to work with.

a few ways of doing it. cheapest is over PC/Laptop but if your looking to just have a monitor then VGA out via a KVM exterder with mouse control. you just need a cat5 cable from DVR to monitor.

thanks. the guy who i spoke with said that if i wanted to view it on its own monitor i would need a security monitor. i thought i could use any small flat screen tv?

thanks. the guy who i spoke with said that if i wanted to view it on its own monitor i would need a security monitor. i thought i could use any small flat screen tv?

the guy is talking crap...... any monitor or tv..... if they have AV or VGA or you just use a KVM.

just seen your other post on price. if this is the same guy and he is saying you need a SPECIAL monitor ..... with your quote and the SPECIAL monitor you are looking at 5K. and thats just for a basic analog system.

i would spend time on the forum for a few days it will save you money. it does not matter how many questions you ask there are lots of people here to help.

what are you protecting / how many cameras do you need / are you able to do the install yourself ??

Just in case your not sure what a KVM is, it's a keyboard, VGA, and mouse extender. It allows all the functions of a PC from another location. You really don't need a keyboard for the dvr, but you would need a mouse and monitor if your going the PC monitor way. But like I said, why not bring it to your tv and put an IR extender so you can at least use the wireless remote to operate the dvr while your viewing it on your large flat screen TV?