liukuohao

Dahua Megapixel Camera- which VMS software FULLY support it?

How is the search speed for finding recorded videos on Exacq? For example, if I want to look at video for a specific camera for October 1st from 8PM to 10PM, how long does that take?

If enough people ask for Dahua support on Exacq, then they will likely put it in.

I agree that ExacqVision can have better performance on fewer computing resources, but their supported camera list is so limited compared to Milestone. The ideal solution would be to build an installation around ExacqVision with only 100% supported cameras (some of the cameras that are on the compatible list only support limited functions/features of the camera). But maybe that's how they keep their software streamlined by not supporting thousands of cameras.

How is the search speed for finding recorded videos on Exacq? For example, if I want to look at video for a specific camera for October 1st from 8PM to 10PM, how long does that take?

If enough people ask for Dahua support on Exacq, then they will likely put it in.

Searching for video at a specific time is easy on also most any system including Exacq. Even though when you find the video in Exacq you still have to wait for the video to be pulled from the server to the client.

The challenge is looking something when you don't know what your looking for over days/weeks or months of video. This is something people do all the time and 99% of the VMS/NVR are very bad at this.

From my experience as a customer, we search for specific time ranges, a home got broken into, a vandalism occurred and we usually get pretty tight time ranges, usually a 2-4 hour window at most. So not sure I see the need to find an event that happened weeks or months ago with an indetermined time frame.

What would be a use case for wanting to review months of video where there's no time frame specified?

From my experience as a customer, we search for specific time ranges, a home got broken into, a vandalism occurred and we usually get pretty tight time ranges, usually a 2-4 hour window at most. So not sure I see the need to find an event that happened weeks or months ago with an indetermined time frame.

What would be a use case for wanting to review months of video where there's no time frame specified?

U have Hotel for example

something went missing in room

within month time

I can find missing "object" in few sec

can you ?

With Exacq you can pull an hour or two quickly with no issues. In fact just this morning I was reviewing overnight footage just to check motion detection on a newer deployment of a DVR. I found with my second double click someone on our property that should not have been there. (the first double click was a very bad kitty cat, looked like he was up to no good lol) I was able to get all the footage from 9 different cameras that picked up something and see what all went on in about 5-10 minutes of reviewing. This footage was spread out over three hours total.

This was a remote site so I was having to download all footage, it was not a local DVR. If my DVR was local then it would be faster of course. Still, not an issue. A few weeks ago I was pulling footage from a break in, again we know within three days when it happened. I found all the footage I needed in about 10 minutes of looking.

I guess that is where it differs on what you need. I'm watching buildings and areas that will not change so missing object and such is totally useless for me. I need to review times that I normally know already, or I just look to see when motion was picked up and pull that. At most I'm looking at a weeks time frame, then in that area for that camera, how much motion do I really have to look at? Not much.

I looked at all the other options, the only other that I really liked was Avigilon, but most features that were different from Exacq were ones that we did not need and it cost a significant amount more. Also, Exacq camera model support has been fine for me anyway, they do have a large selection of cameras to choose from. I've also had one case where a new camera was not supported and I made it work anyway. They added support for the camera officially with the next software update so it's now supported better, but it worked fine for me if I set motion in the camera itself and not in the software.

If Exacq was not around Avigilon would have been my choice.

If Exacq was not around Avigilon would have been my choice.

I wish you luck with Exacq

But me and few other on this forum change to Avigilon

I can tell numbers of different story about Exacq

but I have to type a lot

so far have number of customer who decide to pay second time and get Avigilon

P.S

and Avigilon Core ver is not more money then Exacq

I currently have 34 separate exacq servers, been installing over a year or so. So far so good. Literally no issues at all with exacq so far. I have about 30-40 to go yet too. Spread out over 5 states, will have roughly 800ish cameras total when done. Any major issues and I bet I find them lol.

Only small issue with with an oddity in the rotation when rotating cameras from multiple properties when a property would drop an internet connection it would start the rotation series over at the beginning every time. It was fixed in the next update after I emailed them about it though. In fact, they emailed me a unreleased update for me to test to make sure it was fixed before the release. That was nice of them I thought.

Avigilon Core was missing features that I got built into exacq, when adding the final cost it was a big enough difference to stay with exacq.

It doesn't need to be months of video. Say you have an event happen and you need to follow a person across many other cameras to find out where they came from. For a small 4 channel home system this isn't that big of a deal but it is still time consuming. For our customers that use there CCTV systems every day searching video for events there is a hugh ROI for the ability to search video as fast as they can. One of our customers has 16.5 years worth of video on there NVRs so searching video is extremely important to them.

Here is another example. Say you have a ticket window where you have hundreds of people come up and all you know is you need to find the guy in a green shirt with glasses and it could have been here anytime in the last 48 hours.

Customer wise with months of video: Police department, town/city wide solutions, Hotels/resorts, Schools..........

Edited by Guest

I currently have 34 separate exacq servers, been installing over a year or so. So far so good. Literally no issues at all with exacq so far. I have about 30-40 to go yet too. Spread out over 5 states, will have roughly 800ish cameras total when done. Any major issues and I bet I find them lol.

Only small issue with with an oddity in the rotation when rotating cameras from multiple properties when a property would drop an internet connection it would start the rotation series over at the beginning every time. It was fixed in the next update after I emailed them about it though. In fact, they emailed me a unreleased update for me to test to make sure it was fixed before the release. That was nice of them I thought.

Avigilon Core was missing features that I got built into exacq, when adding the final cost it was a big enough difference to stay with exacq.

I would have loved to bid on this project. From all my experence with Exacq and Avigilon I know I could beat Exacqs cost with Avigilon.

I should do a full review but here's the two key screenshots so you get a flavor of what the product looks like. If you have Dahua and/or AVTech cameras, have trouble finding the right NVR software, this is the best I've seen so far.

Can you please confirm which software this was? There seems to be a number of nvr+ branded packages out there.

Thanks

It's the one from Linovision that others have mentioned. Be careful when buying it. They sell it by the camera, but then it's tied to a specific camera, if you swap out the camera, say for warranty purposes, you have to buy a new license. They also sell USB stick license keys. So say you got an 8 camera USB license key, then you can use any 8 cameras at a time. I would strongly recomend it for Dahua cameras. Other cameras, not so much.

It's supports Camera Motion Detection.

Keep in mind that Digifort have a really fast integration Team, Even If your camera is not in the supported list, the can make the integration really fast.

I insist to download It and Test It

Really? I use Digifort and Dahua 2MP cameras but can't use Hardware Motion Detection - only software. Can you provide more informaiton?