atomb

16 cjannel DVR system 3 cameras on exterior metal building.

Hey guys Figured I would bring my problem to the think tank and see how best to solve.

So I have been running a DVR with 16 cams and three are mounted on a barracks hangar type of building

this structure/building is all metal and has a bunch of electrical panels in it for maintenance jobs such as welding etc.

I originally ran cat5 to all three cams and utilized passive baluns that run coax lines to the DVR.

Each camera has its own transformer in the hanger/structure.

I used thick cushion type rubber 1/2" to mount the cameras to this building

Thats the back story.

This was about a year and half ago..

I have dealt with a bunch of weird issues concerning the dvr and have had to have it rma'd 2 times.

There will be no third try so i pulled those 3 cameras off the dvr controller and have been running well and believe i have some type of lightning/grounding/electrical /issue coming from the barracks

Whats the best way to approach making these three cameras work in this type of enviornment.

The issues seem to stem from storms in my opinion. Need some help guys

When you say you mounted these cameras on 1/2" thick rubber it sounds like the mounting screwa/bolts just run through the bracket , through the rubber & onto the metal building. So if you think the rubber is insulating the cameras then you'd be wrong. Having said that , all full body cameras I've seen are insulated from the housing anyway. I have had similar problems on similar sites but they have usually been cured by using a UPS to "clean up " the mains voltage which can have huge spikes on it when 3 phase welders are in use

yeah i was thinking the same things with the bolts....Thanks for the response .UPS would be a good idea as well