adamant

can someone voice there opion on this camera? pros and cons

Way to expensive for 700TVL, keep looking. You can get a MegaPixel camera for half that, and twice the image quality.

That price is for 8 camera's, so thats about $73 each, which is a pretty inexpensive, but I don't see any DSP listed - like Effio and I don't see an OSD mention either. I think you could get a similar camera WITH DSP and some OSD adjustments to tweak the camera for your specific needs in that same price range ($75/ea) give or take $20'ish. (ie: around $100 or so)

I've seen a few mentions of Empire security which uses Effio, Qvis which uses Nextchip, and CNB ($120ish) which uses Monalisa and Blue-i. The empire's are 700tvl and the qvis and cnb are 600tvl.

Way to expensive for 700TVL, keep looking. You can get a MegaPixel camera for half that, and twice the image quality.

That price is for 8 camera's, so thats about $73 each, which is a pretty inexpensive, but I don't see any DSP listed - like Effio and I don't see an OSD mention either. I think you could get a similar camera WITH DSP and some OSD adjustments to tweak the camera for your specific needs in that same price range ($75/ea) give or take $20'ish. (ie: around $100 or so)

I've seen a few mentions of Empire security which uses Effio, Qvis which uses Nextchip, and CNB ($120ish) which uses Monalisa and Blue-i. The empire's are 700tvl and the qvis and cnb are 600tvl.

Ya your right, I didn't even notice the "8x". Still a little pricey though.

You can get Qvis-Eye34's for $70 each. They have a nice DSP, WDR, and an OSD. IP66 rated as well. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better bargain if you are ok with IR.

$75 each? To pricey?

Where can you get a 700 tvl for less?

Ganz...

$75 to end user is fine, but I am thinking in terms of installer/reseller costs.

Edited by Guest