andyh747

16 CH DVR Recommendation

I know this is probably asked on a regular basis but am looking for some advice on replacing my 8CH DVR for a 16CH. Currently have an Averdigi Nano EH1004-8.

I have all analogue cameras but had previously planned on having some IP units. This has now changed and all cameras are analogue. I'm looking for a high end DVR with full D1 recording and network access with iPhone and iPad access remotely. I also would like HDMI outputs as well as normal TV output and VGA. This is to allow maximum flexibility for integration with whole house distribution as well as local control and display where the unit is housed.

So far I've looked at DM, Alien, Averdigi and some other units from other manufacturers but can't decide on which is best for high quality recording and playback along with the above requirements.

Budget wise I'm happy to spend whatever it takes up to around £2000.

Any recommendation welcome.

Further to the above and some more reading on the forum, people seem to favour the Dahua DVRs. Having looke don their website this DVR looks very good for what I need.

DH-DVR1604HD-S

Any comments on this DVR in terms of performance for playback and recording?

HI. dahua is a toy to the aver. and the Aliien is also very budget.

take a look at the aver touch. and then you can still use your nano to expand your system

So any other recommendations for a DVR with the features I need? After experiencing the Nano for a few years it's not a unit I'd go for again.

I used to deal with Aver NVR's and hybrid sollutions.

Now, for your described installation, I'd say You should look into SIGANL. Its possible You find all You'd like in this device.

I used to deal with Aver NVR's and hybrid sollutions.

Now, for your described installation, I'd say You should look into SIGANL. Its possible You find all You'd like in this device.

The unit is feature packed but I've never heard of the Signal make. Where's it manufactured and by who? Does it have a dedicated iPhone app or simply uses access from the mobile browser?

Also is 4CIF equivalent to full D1 as some references suggest the two are different depending on whether it's PAL or NTSC. Seems to be the pixel resolution which is different between 4CIF and D1.

Also is 4CIF equivalent to full D1 as some references suggest the two are different depending on whether it's PAL or NTSC. Seems to be the pixel resolution which is different between 4CIF and D1.

the differences amount to a few horizontal pixels depending on whose definition you're going by. for all intents and purposes, the two are the same.

Which aver model offers full D1 on all 16 channels for analogue and has simultaneous output of HDMI, TV and VGA?

hi the aver touch is vga and also hdmi and multi monitor.

Which aver model offers full D1 on all 16 channels for analogue and has simultaneous output of HDMI, TV and VGA?

hi the aver touch is vga and also hdmi and multi monitor.

The newest touch just released has HDMI but not previous models. It's also a hybrid model and I don't need IP support. I suspect also that this new model will be in excess of £2,000 as the previous model (IWH3216) is around £1,800 inc VAT.

Hi all avers have hdmi now. Even the nano.

The specs on Avers website don't list it for all models. Here's the site I'm looking at for specification:

http://surveillance.aver.com/types/Embedded-hybrid-DVR

No mention of HDMI output on the IWH3216. It's listed as coming soon for the Nano 16CH but not the others.

Also it's only the new IWH5416 which has high frame rates at D1 on PAL. The IWH3216 only has a total of 200fps at D1.

HI. dahua is a toy to the aver. and the Aliien is also very budget.

take a look at the aver touch. and then you can still use your nano to expand your system

@tomcctv: first you say the Dahua is a toy compared to Aver (which is not, the Dahua is an excellent DVR), then you state that all "all avers have hdmi now. Even the nano", which is completely false. As you can clearly see, even one of their top models (IWH3216), as Andy wrote, does not have HDMI.

Geez...do you have ANY idea what you are talking about!?!?!