jpl90

Not original Dahua DVR? / Problem accessing from Android ph

Hi guys, I've been reading many posts and tutorials, and I finally decided to register and ask two different questions that concern me (I don't want to create two different threads), I hope none of them is hidden in a thread.

The first one is:

I ordered a DVR with 4 outdoor cameras some days ago (not a kit, but to the same seller). When I opened the big box I found the 4 cameras as expected, and then, a white, Dahua box. When I opened it, I found some kind of a generic case with the "Dahua" logo on it, next to "AVR 400 Digital Video Recorder", and one green LED, with the corresponding ports on the back.

Of course, the first thing I thought was "that's not ok". However, the product is fully functional. I had never owned any DVR so I couldn't compare it, but the functions seem to work fine: 4 channels, record, playback, motion detect, alarm (it has a buzzer inside it, quite annoying), Web Service, etc etc. I got a 500 GB Hard Disk and works perfectly fine as well.

This question may seem a bit stupid to all of you, sorry, but is there any possibility for Dahua to manufacture these products? Or maybe that it IS indeed a Dahua DVR board inside a generic case? (Refurbished, or something like that?) It's nothing like the usual DVR pictures that I see on the Internet. In the screen, when I turn it on or off, the Dahua logo shows, too, but nowhere else. I hope this is not illegal or a cheap Chinese copy . I bought it in Argentina, to a seller in a site similar to Ebay and came without any manual or CD (not ok, either, I know).

The second one is:

I've been configuring the DVR the last days, and I am able to access from Web Service and PSS, but I had no success in accessing from my Android Phone. No matter which app I try (from Market: G4SS, MPRMS, and three or four more names that I found in different tutorials and I don't remember now), I always get a connection problem, or even nothing at all (it tries to load infinitely). I read something about trying to low the Extra Stream settings, but had no success.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the length of the post (I always tend to overexplain myself)!

The second one is:

I've been configuring the DVR the last days, and I am able to access from Web Service and PSS, but I had no success in accessing from my Android Phone. No matter which app I try (from Market: G4SS, MPRMS, and three or four more names that I found in different tutorials and I don't remember now), I always get a connection problem, or even nothing at all (it tries to load infinitely). I read something about trying to low the Extra Stream settings, but had no success.

Are you logging into the DVR with PSS with a PC on the same network? If YES, is the android device on your home network as well (via wifi), or is it outside your network using a Cellular network to connect to your DVR?

I suspect your using the Cellular network and your internal router isn't setup properly. There is a good thread on here on how to setup port forwarding, as well as one on nellysurplus.com You will also need to use you PUBLIC IP address assigned by your ISP and not your internal IP (such as 192.168.x.x). Find your Public IP by googling "what is my ip address"

If you are using your Android device, and you know you are on your home network (behind the firewall), make sure you are using the same port number. I use 'gDMSS', a free app, on my Android Devices.

Are you logging into the DVR with PSS with a PC on the same network? If YES, is the android device on your home network as well (via wifi), or is it outside your network using a Cellular network to connect to your DVR?

I suspect your using the Cellular network and your internal router isn't setup properly. There is a good thread on here on how to setup port forwarding, as well as one on . You will also need to use you PUBLIC IP address assigned by your ISP and not your internal IP (such as 192.168.x.x). Find your Public IP by googling "what is my ip address"

If you are using your Android device, and you know you are on your home network (behind the firewall), make sure you are using the same port number. I use 'gDMSS', a free app, on my Android Devices.

Sorry, I didn't explain that part. I had already forwarded ports and can sign in from the outside, and yes, I am trying to log in from the same network. I had in mind trying first from my network and then from the outside.

I took care of keeping the same ports as well (it is the one corresponding to "http", 80 by default, right? Anyway, I tried with http and the other 2 ports; none of them worked). I tried changing the port from my DVR settings, and was able to access from my PC again, but not from my Android device.

gDMSS is one of the apps I tried, and got the same problem.

Thanks for your answer! Any other idea? I even tried with another phone, with no success, either .

You most likely want to connect to your TCP port (unless you have a dedicated mobile port). My old "Chinese Knockoff" had a dedicated mobile port, but my new Dahua 'clone' uses the TCP port for mobile connections. I normally set my devices so that the HTTP, TCP, and UDP ports are consecutive ports so I can just open the range on my firewall and point them to the DVR.

Are you logging into the DVR from your mobile using the same user/pass ? Does the user have proper credentials to view the mobile stream (if needed)?

What if you set the secondary stream to the lowest encoding rate and see if you can still log in?

Also, see if there is any information in the logs on the DVR.

You most likely want to connect to your TCP port (unless you have a dedicated mobile port). My old "Chinese Knockoff" had a dedicated mobile port, but my new Dahua 'clone' uses the TCP port for mobile connections. I normally set my devices so that the HTTP, TCP, and UDP ports are consecutive ports so I can just open the range on my firewall and point them to the DVR.

Are you logging into the DVR from your mobile using the same user/pass ? Does the user have proper credentials to view the mobile stream (if needed)?

What if you set the secondary stream to the lowest encoding rate and see if you can still log in?

Also, see if there is any information in the logs on the DVR.

Thanks!! I had tried with TCP port a few days ago, but hadn't worked, I swear xD, so I thought HTTP would be the one. Now, I tried again with TCP and worked perfectly, after loading for a while. It is weird, but it works now, so I won't complain .

And, related to my first question, what do you mean by your Dahua "clone"? So I may have a clone as well? It would fit, I didn't know of them.

Thanks a lot! In the afternoon I'll try from the outside.

contact your vendor about a firmware update.

Web Service, in About, shows:

Webrec Control: Version 2.2.2.0

NETSDK: Version 3.3.7.4527

PLAYSDK: Version 3.31.0.4535

I don't know if this is enough to know which version I have. Would it be worth to update the firmware? I prefer to leave things like this DVR, that works almost perfectly (the only thing that doesn't work fine is the Motion Detect: not even in sensitivity 1 with 2 secs of anti-dither; it keeps recording unless I select a veeeery little region, and it even records some videos mistakenly), just like that, unless I can get better results for sure.

Thanks, again!