kdoske

NV6240E8 and NV6240EX8 -- whats the difference?

So I am trying to figure out what the difference is for these cards. Some websites list the NV6240E8 as NV6240EX8. I looked everywhere on avermedias website and cant find any reference to a NV6240EX8. Is this a fake card with one letter changed in the mfg part number? I reallize that the EX could be for PCI 'Ex'press but with all the fake cards running around I want to be sure. I noticed that some of the websites list the recording modes as CIF and I know the recording on the NV6240E8 should be D1. Some say they only work on 32bit systems while Aver says they work on 64bit win 7 systems. I also noticed that some websites use different product UPC codes then others; 1010706946, 795522960641, and 848090000148. I have found websites that sell them for $370 to $800. Which are real, the prices are so different??

Honestly I wish these companies would just sell their cards directly off thier website. This old fasion system of restricting sales directly to consumers or even distributers in my eyes just causes more problems then solutions.

I would just makes sure I was buying from someone that has a brick and mortar store... a real physical address listed on their website. Then, call them up and ask them. It is possible that some still have the old PCI stock... or at least the listing for a PCI card, and that might be the difference.

I also was not aware that there were any pirated Aver cards out there... I thought that was just a Geovision problem.

This has been a problem with Aver cards for some time. They're not very good at identifying the differences between model changes, and googling is often not very helpful.

You might want to send an email to Aver tech support. I've found them to be pretty responsive.

Thanks guys. I'll give them a call like you said. It's good to know its probably just model changes and not fakes.

They were not really sure why people where calling them EX's! Too strange. Anyway I gave they said the different UPC codes just reflected diffferent revisions.