louiegoods

Geovision Card Recommendation

I purchased what I believed was a used GEO card, very inexpensive, 2 years ago and it worked fine all this time using 8.3.1 S/W that came with it. All of a sudden I lost video on all 8 channels and cannot get it working again even after reinstalling the s/w.

I now believe it is an illegal card. As I write this I am not near it to check if there is a serial number on it.

I have 3 questions;

Is there any way to get this card going again? anything to try?

I'm torn between buying another Geo card or getting an 8 channel Digital Watchdog standalone unit

If the consensus is the Geo card, where should I but it from. Please recommend the most appropriate web site or even a dealer here on CCTVForum. It wold be the 8 channel version with 120 FPS.

I'm located in both North and South NJ so I can pick it up if you are a dealer local to me.

Thanks

I have purchased tons of stuff from DWG. They are in long island & ususally I get things next day from them - though I am also in NY.

I would stick with Geo myself

ApexCCTV has good prices on Geo cards and they offer free ground shipping too. They're also direct with Geo which ends up being a huuuuge help in the long run if you hit any snags. Good luck whichever way you go.