khaled-1

how to change my DVR mac address

dear all

I need to change my dvr mac address

could you please tell me how to change it or guide us to a program that change it

Thank you in advance

hello

there was a problem which is the dvr can't be seen from out a special branch(all the branches are connecting together in a micowave network-and each branch contains 3 DVRs) while others are fine, I changed a special IC which controlls the network from another DVR by coping the data rom it, now its fine but I took the old mac address from that dvr, so few minutes the irst dvr is working ...after that stops and the second dvr is working(what I mean by working the reply when I make a ping from the DOS page) I checked the IP all of them are different, I checked the mac address there was 2 of them the same (the first dvr and the second one) for this I need to change it.

there was a problem which is the dvr can't be seen from out a special branch(all the branches are connecting together in a micowave network-and each branch contains 3 DVRs) while others are fine, I changed a special IC which controlls the network from another DVR by coping the data rom it, now its fine but I took the old mac address from that dvr, so few minutes the irst dvr is working ...after that stops and the second dvr is working(what I mean by working the reply when I make a ping from the DOS page) I checked the IP all of them are different, I checked the mac address there was 2 of them the same (the first dvr and the second one) for this I need to change it.

If you already did that, which I think it's not an easy task, I would do it again, but first using an hex editor take a look at the rom you are dumping and search for the MAC. Maybe it is in the ROM, so you can hex edit it to a different one before copying it to the second DVR.

thx again and again, but how to connect the router(you mean the network cable which was connected to the DVR must be connected directly to the router and from the router to the DVR agian???) ? and is there ability to change the mac address if I connect it to a router? and how the router helps me?