OhSoFLY

Hello from Edmonton, Alberta CANADA

Hi there group. I am a father of 6 from Edmonton AB. We recently purchased an 8 channel DVR from Ebay since having a few happenings around our home. We have 2 young babies, and the DVR system will help my wife watch the kids out in the yard from inside, as well as protect our home and property.

We have had both trucks broken into last week, they got nothing from mine, but they got the expensive r/c trucks out of her truck ($1000 ea), yes, I know she shouldnt have left them in the rear hatch.

We also had someone take off with my boat trailer from out back (kids on foot) and run it down the street slamming it into the side of a neighbors jeep causing $600 damage to his door which I paid to be repaired. My boat was not hurt, and it is locked up to the fence now.

I am having some trouble getting this system working, and will be making a post in the appropriate forum with some photos and questions. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Hi there group. I am a father of 6 from Edmonton AB. We recently purchased an 8 channel DVR from Ebay since having a few happenings around our home. We have 2 young babies, and the DVR system will help my wife watch the kids out in the yard from inside, as well as protect our home and property.

welcome to forum neighbor

I am in Edmonton too

OK, I've got a question for a couple of Albertans (or however many others are reading this). I was talking to someone a little while ago who was a maintenance man for a building in Fort McMoney. He got a call in the middle of the night to go in and open up the building. 30+ cops there in the foyer when he arrived waiting for him to show up and unlock it. There'd been a shooting inside and they apparently weren't allowed to go in without permission. He opened up and there was a dead guy in the stairwell to the basement. Does this make sense at all? If that were the case, anybody would be able to do whatever they wanted in their homes and just tell the police not to come in if they heard gunshots or screams, smelled marijuana growing, or whatever.

OK, I've got a question for a couple of Albertans (or however many others are reading this). I was talking to someone a little while ago who was a maintenance man for a building in Fort McMoney. He got a call in the middle of the night to go in and open up the building. 30+ cops there in the foyer when he arrived waiting for him to show up and unlock it. There'd been a shooting inside and they apparently weren't allowed to go in without permission. He opened up and there was a dead guy in the stairwell to the basement. Does this make sense at all? If that were the case, anybody would be able to do whatever they wanted in their homes and just tell the police not to come in if they heard gunshots or screams, smelled marijuana growing, or whatever.

The police can enter any premises without a mandate if they have the right excuse/a good reason to do so; hearing gunshots would be one of those excuses. They possibly called him just because they could not get in, although they could just ram the door, so I find this story a bit fishy!

The best explanation I can think of is that their "tip" wasn't solid enough even though it ended up being right. Another story I heard from the same guy was that they weren't allowed to have CCTV cameras in the apartment hallways. Some of the wives found them to be an invasion of their privacy when their hubbies were shown who was visiting their wives while they were out working. Whatever the legal or moral reason, the owner yanked the cameras after protest. Only cameras in the entranceway after that.

The best explanation I can think of is that their "tip" wasn't solid enough even though it ended up being right. Another story I heard from the same guy was that they weren't allowed to have CCTV cameras in the apartment hallways. Some of the wives found them to be an invasion of their privacy when their hubbies were shown who was visiting their wives while they were out working. Whatever the legal or moral reason, the owner yanked the cameras after protest. Only cameras in the entranceway after that.

I could see this becoming a problem, but with the milkman gone, the mailman not coming at the door anymore and the door to door salesmen a thing of the past, it's already a bad time to be a naughty housewife!