Dan321

stream cctv dvr (brand - Sunluxy) to a web page

Hi

Please can anyone tell me how I can stream to a web page? At the moment I can go to 192.168.0.110 and it will bring up the dvr's own client/software page. I'd like to ideally open up the dvr's cam streams with webcamxp.

Cannot find anything to do with the brand Sunluxy and the manual doesn't help that much.

Thanks

Usually u stream direct from the camera to avoid software downloads to view the stream

or Some cameras have stream servers built in and will also generate a http or https stream link

You will have lots of issues if you try to stream direct from dvr or setup a media server a other way

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

rtmp://192.168.0.110/ works in VLC, but one minute it works, the next it doesn't and it's more still images. I have to click play, then pause and play again to restart the stream image.

that same rtmp URL doesn't work in webcamxp at all.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

did anyone get it in the meantime?

I bought a sunluxy DVR, too. Even rtmp://192.168.x.y doesn't work in VLC.

There's an Android app named TMEye Pro. There I filled in IP address, client port (8880), user (Admin) and password and everything works fine. So there must be a way to access the streams without the whole web interface stuff... But I can't find the path(es) anywhere...

Hello everyone! I have recently purchased and installed my system. I finally got it working so that I can access my DVR from my computer and cell phone. Now I have been attempting, with no luck, to be able to view my system away from home. Has anyone tried this or had any luck doing this? If so, you can you please help me out. I have a DLink router, if that will help. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone! I have recently purchased and installed my system. I finally got it working so that I can access my DVR from my computer and cell phone. Now I have been attempting, with no luck, to be able to view my system away from home. Has anyone tried this or had any luck doing this? If so, you can you please help me out. I have a DLink router, if that will help. Thanks in advance.

I may have missed something here. Can't find where you posted this issue before. Is this a new post? I take for granted when you say that you can access it on your computer, that you are referring to being connected in your Network direct to the router. Also, if you can access it on your phone, then the right port for that is forwarded in the router for remote access. If you are unable to access it on the internet, via a browser, what do you get when you attempt it? Do you get a "login" page or "Page Not Froud" or something similar? I would expect, since you are able to access it on your phone, that you are receiving a "login" page, but no video. If that's the case, then probably, you don't have the correct port forwarded in the router. Just shooting in the dark here, to this point. Then again, I'm old and may not be making any sense.

Dennis

hi i have a sun luxy DVR... i can connect to it remotly via webpage but i cannot access it with my mobile... i have downloaded the app and put all the details in client port etc.. but when i open the app and try to connect to the dvr remotly i get buffering and then no responce when i try to connect...

in your post you said you have connected to it via mobile, please could you tell me the settings you have on your dvr

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

I may have missed something here. Can't find where you posted this issue before. Is this a new post? I take for granted when you say that you can access it on your computer, that you are referring to being connected in your Network direct to the router. Also, if you can access it on your phone, then the right port for that is forwarded in the router for remote access. If you are unable to access it on the internet, via a browser, what do you get when you attempt it? Do you get a "login" page or "Page Not Froud" or something similar? I would expect, since you are able to access it on your phone, that you are receiving a "login" page, but no video. If that's the case, then probably, you don't have the correct port forwarded in the router. Just shooting in the dark here, to this point. Then again, I'm old and may not be making any sense.

Dennis

This is a new post. I am able to access my DVR only from my home when I am connected to my wireless. I have done the port forwarding, with no luck. I am going to try it again in the next day or so. When I forwarded the ports and tried logging in utilizing my AT&T wireless connection that I use while I am on business, I get nothing. I have been trying all different kinds of ways. I even looked on youtube where there were videos to walk thru the whole thing and still no success. I don't know if I am just doing something wrong or what. I have never encountered this type of problems when it comes to computer issues.

hi i have a sun luxy DVR... i can connect to it remotly via webpage but i cannot access it with my mobile... i have downloaded the app and put all the details in client port etc.. but when i open the app and try to connect to the dvr remotly i get buffering and then no responce when i try to connect...

in your post you said you have connected to it via mobile, please could you tell me the settings you have on your dvr

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

So you say that you can access your dvr when you are away from your home? If so how did you go about doing so, because I can only do mine when I am at home on my own network. Thanks in advance.

You've got to use the correct IP address and client port.

- Client port is 8880 as default (can be changed in setup menu or web interface).

- If you are in the same network as the DVR via WLAN you can use its IP address directly. If you are online via mobile network (3G e.g.) you must know the internet IP address of your router or - better - use dyndns and forward the client port to the IP address of the DVR (router settings). Another way is VPN: In case of an established VPN connection between router an Android the internal (LAN) IP address of the DVR is used (like direct WLAN access).

Examples:

DVR: 192.168.1.11 / 8880

----------------------------------

# WLAN:

app: 192.168.1.11 / 8880

# 3G:

- dyndns:

router:

-> register at dyndns.org, set up dyndns account in router settings

-> forward port 8880 to 192.168.1.11 in router settings

app: example.dyndns.org / 8880

- VPN (additionally to dyndns):

router:

-> create VPN connection

mobile:

-> establish VPN connection to example.dyndns.org

app: 192.168.1.11 / 8880

Ok, I think that I may need to clear up some confusion from my original post. I have the Sunluxy DVR system. I also have a D-Link DIR-601 Wireless Router. I can currently view my system from my phone and my computer as long as I am in my home and connected to my home network(wireless). What I am trying to do is be able to view my system when I am away from the house. i have gone to D-Links' website and have done the port forwarding and still have no success. I have even looked online where people have posted videos on how to do this and the only problem that I continually run into is when I go to the canuseeme.org site in order to check the ports, I get the same error message saying that it couldn't see me. This seems to be the area where the problem is at. Not sure if there is something else that I need to do when forwarding the ports, but like I said I even went to D-Link's site and verified what I had done and it still doesn't seem to be working. Is there anyone out there that has had success in doing thisor am I just mistaken and this system cannot even do it. Thanks.

As long as you have high speed internet, there's no issue at all. Just get on your computer, access your browser and access "whatismyip.com". You will then be shown the numberic "internet IP address" at this moment in time. Then go to a company website such as DynDns and signup, entering the above address in the "My IP" address block. Just to check initially to see the address actually work, enter the numeric "internet IP address" in the browser address cell. If your port forwarding works as you said it does, you should then see the login window for the DVR. Now, in the router, you should have more than one "port" forwarded. In the DVR NET menu somewhere, you should have listed all of the ports that you should forward. As an example:

HTTP - 80

Command - 5050

Media - 6050

Mobile - 7050

Yours may be different, but whatever they are, they all need to be forwarded in your router, if you wish to view your DVR in all modes.

The first time that you attempt to access your DVR on the internet, you will be asked to install an ActiveX which is the software of the DVR. If you have a problem doing that, you will have to reduce the security settings of your computer. After the ActiveX is installed, you can then go back and reset your security settings back to where they were.

Without going through a very specific, step by step by step, etc., that's about the best I can do for now.

Dennis

Hi folks,

I've been reading this with interest as I've just bought a

Sunluxy SL-8808 dvr. After getting over the fact that it was sold to me as an 8ch recorder at D1 only to find it is only 2ch at D1 with the other 6 at CIF. I have it working on my LAN.

There are a couple things that I'd really appreciate some help on.

The first is I'm trying to get it accessible from an iPhone and iPad.

To simplify things I'm just trying to connect via my local wireless network first (on the same subnet), so that I don't have any port forwarding issues.

I'm using the vMEye app but no matter what port I try I can't connect to the dvr. The dvr setup is set to port 5050.

Can anyone help me getting this to work?

The other issue is: Getting it to send an email to me when recording starts.

I've tried emailing their support address but it bounced.

Has anyone found a source of support? Software updates ???

Thanks in advance. Dave

Please feel free to pm me

Some news...

By trial and error I found out the streaming addresses which can be viewed by VLC (or VLC-plugin in iSpy e.g.):

http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cgi-bin/view.cgi?chn=0&u=USER&p=PASSWORD --> Channel 1

http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cgi-bin/view.cgi?chn=1&u=USER&p=PASSWORD --> Channel 2

and so on

By this iSpy streams all 8 channels of the DVR since yesterday without any problems (about 11fps).

Before that I used the preview images of the remote settings->color menu of the web interface:

http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?chn=0&f=1&u=USER&p=PASSWORD&rnd=0.xyz... (xyz differs depending on channel) Just copy the link to this preview images from web browser.

But the quality is poor and the DVR hangs up after a while (probably to many and to fast server requests for the jpegs).

Now telnet would be nice... The DVR answers but the normal login (like web login) doesn't work...

I'm not acquainted with Sunluxy dvr, but that's really not important at the moment. You still have to port forward some ports even when accessing the dvr on the LAN. The general default is port 80 for the HTTP and at least one other. Sometimes port 80 is blocked by some providers and then I just use port 81. What they are is dependent upon the info in your owners manual for your model. The 5050 example was for a dvr that required a port 5050 for the command. Which allows you to get into the login page for the dvr. Yours may be entirely different, but the owners manual will tell you what the necessary ports are to forward.

Dennis

Thankyou very much for replying.

Please excuse the silly questions, but why do I need to port forward on the LAN if both the ipad and dvr are on the same subnet?

All works with a PC using IE on the same network accessing it with

192.xxx.xxx.xxx without any port. So I assume it's using the standard web address port 80.

The port 5050 mentioned is the "Data" port displayed at the login screen.

As I said my problem is trying to connect to the dvr with the ipad app vMEye.

The intension was to see if I could get it to work on my LAN before trying to get it working from the WAN but the setup in the app is not allowing connection. I've tried different ports but 5050 is the one in the dvr network setup.

Has anyone got the dvr to work on their mobile device. (eg iphone or ipad) either on their LAN or WAN ???

If port 5050 is shown on the login screen, then have you port forwarded 6050 and 7050? A phone would require a "mobile" port to be opened.

Dennis

If port 5050 is shown on the login screen, then have you port forwarded 6050 and 7050? A phone would require a "mobile" port to be opened.

Dennis

Dennis his DVR on same network

as he sad

why are you talking about port forwarding ?

Well I think my issue is finally fixed! I actually had to call my ISP and they talked me through on how to set their modem to "bridged mode". Soon as I did that and forwarded the ports that my system needs I was able to goto a web page and type in the ip for my dvr and log in. Now, my next big test will be to get onto another network, either wired or wireless, so that I can confirm or deny my claims, lol. But I would like to thank everyone for their input and also remind you that you can be doing everything right, just to find out it wasn't your fault. " title="Applause" /> Thanks again.

I will still continue to monitor these posts because it is was very helpful!!

Still can't connect to my Sunluxy SL-8808 with my iphone or ipad on my internal network.

Anyone got this to work.

As I said, I can connect to the web interface from the PC using Internet Explorer but not with the mobile device.

I'm just trying to get it working locally first so that I don't have any port forwarding issues.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I am not sure of the model # of mine off hand, but I downloaded the TMEyepro app onto my phone and have been using that to view my system on my network. Even without forwarding any ports I just had to put my DVR IP address, the mobile port, user name and password into the app and was able to view my system with no problems while on my own network. I hope that this works for you.

Good to hear someone has got it working. That give me hope. Thanks

What port did you use? This seems critical. ?

As a matter of interest did you try any other apps.

I can't remember if I had tried the app you mentioned but I tried quite a few others. I'll check and get it if I haven't.

It would really help if you could find the model number.

It should be on the bottom of the unit.

It might depend on the software in the DVR ?

My model # is the 8-4600. I used the default mobile port that it came with which was 8888. As far as the app goes, this is the only one that I have tried based on some of the posts that I had seen and it worked with no issues so I just continued using it.