bobp

how do i keep someone from logging into my cameras?

Hello to everyone this is my first post:

A company set up a series of security cameras (cctv) and were monitoring them remotely from my house. I no longer want them to have access, how do I block them from entering my router remotely -then the dvr to view my cameras. They initially choose all the settings -the host name-ports-etc. I know how to get to my router settings -my camera IP addresses and ports etc. What do i need to change? Do I just hit the reset button on the wireles router and start over or do i need to hit the reset button on the dvr? I have a AverEH1000h-4Nano dvr and vivotek fds8134v cameras.

Thanks for any input.

Bobp

login into your router, go to port forwarding section and delete the IP address entry of your DVR from there and save the settings on the modem.

Logon to the DVR using the admin account. Do this on the DVR itself. From there you can enter the settings & change the admin password, other user passwords and delete any accounts that you no longer need.

You can also change ports the Aver uses, but if you just change the passwords you won't need to change any ports which will result in changing port forwarding on your router.

Do you have DDNS setup? If yes, remove it &/or create a new DDNS account.

I can't find any info on the vivotek fds8134v cameras. Are they IP cameras? If so, you would want to chage their settings as well if direct logon is configured.

Why don't you just ask them to turn over the admin account to you? I'm sure they'd do that.

Unless you haven't paid their bill they would have no reason to not do that for you. You can then change some of the settings to remove unauthorized access.

This is a practice carried out by installers for the protection of their clients usually, and is to ensure the settings are not changed by anyone that shouldn't be doing it and also to offer remote maintenance of the system without the need to attend the site This means the engineer can respond very quickly to client requests.

I reckon there won't be any simple way to override the admin account. Simply write to the company, explain that you no longer wish them to have control of the admin account and that you wish them to set your own account to admin status and that they should remove themselves. If it's a matter that you want to use some other company then say so they have no reason to withold the admin account.

Chage you LAN's IP address.

Just a thought, does you ISP supply you with a static IP address? If so you could ask them to change it ( they may make a small charge) then you can simply change the setting in your router and any remote PC you wish to have access to your DVR.

If its a dynamic IP address change it to a static IP ( charges may apply) then change the settings in your router and on the netservice menu of your DVR, the netserver address can be deleted and left blank if you use a static IP.

They won't have any way to get to your router let alone through your firewall.

hi . it depends on which DDNS service they used (who has control of it) but for now if you go into your dvr --setup then network you can then see which IPs are using your system. keep your IPs for PC and smartphones and block the rest.

you have to sign into the camera directly and add a password to the vivoteck camera ie: 192.168.0.xxx

Only way people would have access to these cameras is if you opened ports for your cameras ip address

Are u using a nvr then all should be fine

Password your nvr even change from port 80 to something like 9090 and mobile stream 9001