Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

Bridging networks

I have not posed in this section before so this may be an old topic. I have 12 cameras and a NVR on there own IP addressing scheme. Cameras are IP the customer wants to view the server but does not want the traffic from the cameras on his regular network. There is no need to view indivadual cameras over the regular network. Is my solution a second network card in the server and then bridge the connections or is there a better way doing something else?

I have not posed in this section before so this may be an old topic. I have 12 cameras and a NVR on there own IP addressing scheme. Cameras are IP the customer wants to view the server but does not want the traffic from the cameras on his regular network. There is no need to view indivadual cameras over the regular network. Is my solution a second network card in the server and then bridge the connections or is there a better way doing something else?

Absolutely 2 network cards

I am just starting to learn a bit about IP CCTV. Honestly, I have been avoiding it but I can't hide away from it forever, and it may well be my way-out of the 'bargain basement' market where price means everything and quality means nothing to the end user.

Perhaps if I were looking to the IP marketplace I'd wouldn't encounter such stiff competition from the spaghetti installers. You know the ones, throw the wiring against the wall, if it sticks it's installed.