Sign in to follow this  
ilkevinli

Dahua motion detect emails

I currently have my camera setup to email me a snapshot of any motion detected. However I also get 2 additional emails for a total of 3 for every motion detected. Below are a copy of the 2 unnecessary emails. Does anyone know how to stop them ? Thanks.

Alarm Event: Motion Detect

Alarm Input Channel: 1

Alarm Start Time(D/M/Y H:M:S): 18/10/2012 08:58:01

Alarm Device Name: TZ*******

IP Address: 192.168.2.240

Alarm Event: Motion DetectStop

Alarm Input Channel: 1

Alarm End Time(D/M/Y H:M:S): 18/10/2012 08:58:06

Alarm Device Name: TZ********

IP Address: 192.168.2.240

No I get 3 separate emails. The 1st email contains just text and states Alarm Start like the post above. The 2nd email contains the snapshot which is what I want. The 3rd email contains just text and has Alarm End just like what's listed above.

Thanks

I got 3 as well, I believe its normal. You can just setup an email filter for the ones that don't contain images.

Do you guys get bombed with motion alerts? It seems like every time there is a breeze it would move the shadows of trees on my driveway and alert.

Multiple emails per motion detection incident is normal with Dahua cameras. I was getting one too many emails, at times averaging 50+ per day at times. I have turned off email notification. I have since purchased PIR motion detection units, but need time to run cables for this. I think this will yield better motion detection than the 'overly' sensitive camera based detection & more relevant emails notification.

Motion detection alerts on exterior cameras are a bad idea in general. Even with PIR, big moths will set them off.