cavcom

Dahua cameras or cctvsecpro wdr

Wont let me post certain links, but has a 70 dollar 600tvl ir bullet and im also lookiong at cctvsecpro wdr ir bullet for 199.

Does anybody have any exp with either camera?

Is it possible to get a good 600tvl bullet with ir for under 80 bucks?

Big difference in price but specs are similar.

I bought some "700TVL" Sony Effio-E cameras on AliExpress for $49/shipped (each). I confirmed they were Sony chips (compared with a retail). They blew away the Swann (cheap company, but widely available in stores) that was three to four times as much. For the cost, they're great little cameras.

I'm not sure what the policy is about posting links, but I can PM it to you.

As far as the IP camera. I'd like to know as well. I've had a third vehicle break in. So I'm looking at adding a high resolution camera that can watch that area. Anyone got any suggestions? I found the IPOB-EL1MPIR50, which looks promising at about $210. The Vivotek IP8332 has some excellent videos at $300 (Amazon) and gets good reviews.

If night-time performance in an IP camera is the most important part of your wishlist in a sub-$300 camera, I haven't seen any better results than with Dahua IP bullet cams. The 2100 Dahuas are available for $170 each or under if you check around. If you want to jump to a $500 or even better $800+ budget, then ACTi and Axis have some very nice cams. I saw a direct side by side comparison between a Vivotek and Dahua (pretty sure it was 8332 vs 2100) in day, dusk, and night conditions. The Dahua blew away the Vivotek when the light was challenging. I can't find the comparison quickly on this site and it might've been on another. I should've bookmarked it I guess.

Here's the comparison:

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=3217.0

Now, I just realized this weekend that I didn't set the maximum exposure on the Dahua before making this comparison, and the Dahua probably had a longer exposure at low light, making it look better in comparison. I'll update it this weekend with maximum exposures matched.

I'm liking the Dahuas, despite the mediocre software, but the lack of technical support is starting to look like a possible show-stopper.