Numb-nuts

SCAMMERS attempting to obtain CCTV equipment

UK installers beware UK BOX SHIFTERS go ahead and get ripped off (greedy gits).

I had a quotation request to supply a 16 camera system which I don't normally do. Things are a bit hard at the moment so I sent a quotation. The fraudster accepted my quote (why wouldn't they?) and sent full credit card details (which alerted my suspicion ) by email including security number and delivery address. Fortunately I do not accept credit cards as I generally take bank transfers and cheques. I took a look at these card details and noticed the idiot thief had printed it twice but the last two digits were wrong.

I then decided to look at the delivery address on Google Earth, a practice I always follow if I have any suspicion and the property is a run down two up two down ( for you Americans, a hovel with two rooms upstairs and two rooms downstairs usually no bathroom) the kind of place people permanently on national assistance would live, (No offence to those that live in a 2up 2down).

Finally, the telephone number given was a different area code to the delivery address when I phoned it it turned out to be a VOIP account so it could have been anywhere in the UK or overseas.

I telephoned Visa to advise them of my concerns and the cards were issued through an American Bank so the Visa fraud department have taken details and are going to notify the issuing bank and cardholders of this activity and take appropriate action.

I don't feel like I lost a sale as there wasn't a real sale in the first place, just an attempt to steal from me and the cardholders.

Pretty common, so many scammers out there now, with very few being prosecuted, it's no wonder more and more keep getting bolder. Good thing you didn't get taken. I'd have fun with them and send them a bogus tracking #.

I sent them an email asking then to send a cheque and that I would send the goods out

immediately I receive the cheque DUHHHHHHH as if I would?

I was thinking of telling them that I would send the goods out cheque-on-delivery in the hope that they'd have their time wasted a bit also. I can just imagine their greedy little faces scampering off to Liverpool to a unoccupied house to take delivery. but NOBODY is THAT stupid, are they?

I am only annoyed that I initially thought nothing of the order and thought Great I need this. But there never was an order not really as I said just a poor attempt to scam me. Thank goodness I don't need to accept credit cards.

Bank users are being warned to be on the lookout for suspect devices on cashpoints after three devices were attached to machines in Gloucester in the last few days.

I telephoned Visa to advise them of my concerns and the cards were issued through an American Bank so the Visa fraud department have taken details and are going to notify the issuing bank and cardholders of this activity and take appropriate action.

as much as most of us hate the credit card companies, one thing you gotta appreciate is that there's no internal politics or jurisdictional bull$#!t when it comes to them protecting their assets. a lot of other types of companies might have just said, "oh, that's a u.s. account, you'll have to contact the u.s. branch, sorry we don't have a phone number for you...", but these guys, there's no screwing around - anywhere in the world, it's right to business.

the global marketplace would be a lot nicer place to live and work if more companies operated this way.

as much as most of us hate the credit card companies, one thing you gotta appreciate is that there's no internal politics or jurisdictional bull$#!t when it comes to them protecting their assets. a lot of other types of companies might have just said, "oh, that's a u.s. account, you'll have to contact the u.s. branch, sorry we don't have a phone number for you...", but these guys, there's no screwing around - anywhere in the world, it's right to business.

the global marketplace would be a lot nicer place to live and work if more companies operated this way.

On the contrary.

Visa wanted me to telephone the issuing bank in the US, eventually I spoke to Visa Fraud investigations dept and they were listening

and said they would contact the card issuing bank and have them contact their card holders. It's been a week now and the fraudster has not been in touch so my suspicions were spot on. Too many things were not matching up

You should def. have fun with them.

I do. I get the emails, I'll send Paypal and you ship it to nigeria.

I play along, play stupid like I don't know how to create a paypal account,

or when I finally get an address I say I'll be there in a week on a bussiness trip, Mission trip,

family visit etc.... They get pissed and figure it out or give up.

Latest was a friend wanting to paypal me the amount plus a bunch to shp it to his friend.

Said he was in chicago and i'm in tn and after telling him I'll be there near him next week

I'll bring the unit and take cash he said he couldn't meet up sorry.

I hate em, I hope karma get's em. And btw, we call that the projects or gov housing.