ab2reza1360

The best choice between IP cam to secur a vast yard

Hey experts,

I wanna instal more than 40 IP Cam in a vast sea-port yard to track the people and cars.

my budget is around 3000USD per camera,area is so humid and warm(most times).

I'm thinking about Axis q6035,what's your suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you

Much appreciate in advance.

Aboo

The Q6035 works quiet well in low light, but won't work without some light. You may have to supplement lighting with powerful illuminators. Certainly the Q6035-E can not be had for $3,000.

The only company I know of that makes a 1080P PTZ with built in illuminators is Dahua, but have not been able to get one to review. http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/sd698282a-hn-33.html

I wanna instal more than 40 IP Cam in a vast sea-port yard to track the people and cars.

Hi for anything like a sea-port / airport / tunnels then best option is avigilon and with your budget you cant buy better.

40 ip cameras with using avigilon you may find you can get your camera count down and there software is ideal for a sea-port. 90% of ports and airports in the UK are avigilon

Hi for anything like a sea-port / airport / tunnels then best option is avigilon and with your budget you cant buy better.

40 ip cameras with using avigilon you may find you can get your camera count down and there software is ideal for a sea-port. 90% of ports and airports in the UK are avigilon

+1 for Avigilon

-1 for Avigilon

And how do you judge ?

I got impression u have huge experience with fisher price toys and their cameras

Edited by Guest

The Q6035 works quiet well in low light, but won't work without some light. You may have to supplement lighting with powerful illuminators. Certainly the Q6035-E can not be had for $3,000.

The only company I know of that makes a 1080P PTZ with built in illuminators is Dahua, but have not been able to get one to review. http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/sd698282a-hn-33.html

Sorry dahua will just not cut it for a sea-port. And PTZ with IR for a big area is useless.

Before the op even starts looking he needs to find the regulations for this type of install ....... It's a sea-port it will be regulated. And avigilon are world known for airport and sea-ports.

And there is a very good reason why I said avigilon. For a port install. And am sorry a toy like dahua will not do the job.

The op has a good budget for avigilon so why not have the best for his install

$3K per camera is a good budget but keep in mind you will have additional costs besides the camera (Licenses, Network and servers/storage...etc) Avigilon has a very nice solution and I have a very long list of happy customers which is growing everyday. Myself, Tomcctv and Ak357 have extensive experience designing and installing large enterprise IP camera solutions including Avigilon and other systems.

$3K per camera is a good budget but keep in mind you will have additional costs besides the camera (Licenses, Network and servers/storage...etc) Avigilon has a very nice solution and I have a very long list of happy customers which is growing everyday. Myself, Tomcctv and Ak357 have extensive experience designing and installing large enterprise IP camera solutions including Avigilon and other systems.

Mike, I just realise we are lucking experience with fisher price "buellwinkle" toys

The Q6035-E I reviewed is a fisher price toy, hmm, stand that up the Avigilon 2MP PTZ to the Axis, would love to see the dual, is Avigilon afraid of a side by side comparison?

But if you Avigilon fits the $3K budget and Axis doesn't, then I guess Avigilon is the low price leader, but can it deliver?

So does the OP take the word of 3 Avigilon dealers that Avigilon rocks, really, that's your convincing argument? We are Avigilon dealers so we know better. " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I say prove it, show sample videos at night, in low light of the dark sea. Show me ships registration numbers with no light, maybe the captains face on the bridge a mile away at midnight on a moonless night. As Cuba Gooding once said, "show me the money!"

So does the OP take the word of 3 Avigilon dealers that Avigilon rocks, really, that's your convincing argument? We are Avigilon dealers so we know better. " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> !"

Buellwinkle . No am not a dealer. If you read my post again I was talking about software avigilon are the world leaders in homeland security.

Sea Ports or airports are not only about cameras used

Doing camera reviews is ok. But it's software that needs to be right for OPs install

Sea port is listed as border protection. So the likes of dahua with PSS is like fitting a toy.

Hi Aboo,

The answer may well be a mix of cameras from different manufacturers.

I would suggest that the first task is to establish the operational requirement for the system, which will include:-

• Understand the end user’s expectations
    Consider (as Tom says) any regulations/guidelines and legislation that need to be complied with
    Look at the environment (lighting, power, weather, possible cable routes etc)
    Consider the type and scale of risk to the site (confirming any planned response)
    Determine the skills and experience of the staff going to use/maintain the system.

Once these factors are documented and signed off by the client, then you can start to consider what equipment may meet the requirements set out.

The danger by adopting the approach of first confirming which manufacturer you are going to design around, will almost certainly mean that in some locations in the site you will be specifying solution that may well be unsuitable.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Avigilon

The Q6035-E I reviewed is a fisher price toy, hmm, stand that up the Avigilon 2MP PTZ to the Axis, would love to see the dual, is Avigilon afraid of a side by side comparison?

But if you Avigilon fits the $3K budget and Axis doesn't, then I guess Avigilon is the low price leader, but can it deliver?

So does the OP take the word of 3 Avigilon dealers that Avigilon rocks, really, that's your convincing argument? We are Avigilon dealers so we know better. " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I say prove it, show sample videos at night, in low light of the dark sea. Show me ships registration numbers with no light, maybe the captains face on the bridge a mile away at midnight on a moonless night. As Cuba Gooding once said, "show me the money!"

Hi Aboo,

I would suggest that the first task is to establish the operational requirement for the system, which will include:-

Consider (as Tom says) any regulations/guidelines and legislation that need to be complied with
    Consider the type and scale of risk to the site (confirming any planned response)
    Determine the skills and experience of the staff going to use/maintain the system.

Once these factors are documented and signed off by the client, then you can start to consider what equipment may meet the requirements set out.

The danger by adopting the approach of first confirming which manufacturer you are going to design around, will almost certainly mean that in some locations in the site you will be specifying solution that may well be unsuitable.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Actually I'm agree with your recommendation,and now I'm thinking about a combination of Axis,Avigilon and Mobotix cameras, but I don't know what's the best software,switches and media convertor for this kind of design!

what's your offers?

When you say Sea-port is this entry into country .??? And which one.

No point even thinking of cameras or software till you have spoken with the likes of DHS.

Hi Aboo,

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Actually I'm agree with your recommendation,and now I'm thinking about a combination of Axis,Avigilon and Mobotix cameras, but I don't know what's the best software,switches and media convertor for this kind of design!

what's your offers?

The factors that will influence the choice of software will be identified following the documentation of the end user's requirement (including their wish list and expansion plans).

I would suggest that with network switches you stick with one manufacturer only for the project (ie Cisco, HP, Extreme etc) selected by the requirements of your network designand depth of the manufacturer's product range.

Hope this helps.

Ilkie

yeah that's a seaport,the entry into my country

what do you think about this:

http://www.panomera.com/en/cctv-ip-video-surveillance/cameras/panomerar.html

and before that,please read this news:

http://www.porttechnology.org/technical_papers/new_surveillance_technologyqa_with_roland_meier_dallmeier/

Hi I have seen the Panomera camera in action and it is very impressive.

It works well if you have a single location to install the camera that allows for unobstructed views of large areas, and therefore has may be a consideration as part of the overall design.

Lighting will need to be considered though.

Regards

Ilkie

http://www.porttechnology.org/technical_papers/new_surveillance_technologyqa_with_roland_meier_dallmeier/

The panomer is used here in the uk. It's being used in a football ground. But the cost of the camera and your looking at over 30 of them.

You still have not said which country you are in ?

The panomer is used here in the uk. It's being used in a football ground. But the cost of the camera and your looking at over 30 of them.

I'm living in IRAN.....

I'm living in IRAN.....

Hmm, it is going to be interesting to follow this post