I try not to get to close to GEO either. When I go to work, I tell our GEO system to stay over der on the other side of the building.

We perfer a standard Windows interface and have found it to be easier to use. Support from us is much easier to get since we're based in the US. Are there features in particular you are looking for?

Hello everyone,

I am having a hard time deciding between Geovision and Video Insight for a 120 FPS card. I will be using 12 cameras but eventually might go up to 16.

I am in Canada and since Geovision has distributors in Canada and Video Insight doesn't, it makes the decision more difficult. For the same type of card, both would be about the same price.

I am interested in the Video Insight VJ120 (16 Ports) and the Geovision GV1120 (16 Ports).

I need some un-biased opinions.

If either one was $100 or even $200 more which one would you buy?

Is one product way over the other one or are both pretty close?

Have any Canadians here bought a card from Video Insight?

Which one has more flexibility? More functionality?

What more functionality will both offer in the next several months or year?

For me the most important functions are remote viewing through a local area network and once in a while through the Internet. Is any one able to playback multiple cameras or just one camera at a time?

What are the advantages and disadvantages for each system?

Has anyone here tried both systems? How do they compare? Especially remote viewing and playback?

Is one more CPU intensive than the other?

Any info would help.

Thank You.

Video Insight is better than Geo.

Software running DVR is better.

Not about the bells and whistles, and numbers.

It is written with better stability, and the cards from Video Insight produces better picture quality in same hardware environment.

Tech support is major strength as well.

If you want a solid system, build with Insight.

I thank everyone for the info.

I just ordered the Video Insight VJ120.

I prefer quality, stability and good support over lots of features but not stable and close to no support.

Geo Vision actually use great cards, the software isnt bad also, stable as far as I can tell, built some systems so far, been running a few months no issues at all. Also they are very high quality, and even moreso when using the DSP card. The best thing actually with Geo Vision, over all other DVR cards, is all the large assortment of DVR hardware accessories they have. This has actually what has me using their system right now, plus the high quality.

Video Insight has a more professional looking GUI, compared to Geo's typical florescent green GUI with blinking eyes

Video insight supports some IP camers and servers, where Geo's software is strictly for their cards.

I haven't used Video Insight so cannot comment on the features, quality, or stability of that system, though I have heard good things.

I have used I-view which was very stable software, less features, but also has a multi site client software, as well as Server and Client Multi View for 32 cameras. Quality is however lower without the DSP card, since it is 640x480 max, unless you buy the DSP combo cards, 16 and 32 channels available. I-view is definately a card in its own league right now, so much so it is not that easy to get a hold of.

Support depends on who you buy it from, if you buy Geo vision cards from Ebay, expect next to no support. Alot of companies will only sell you a pre built Geo DVR system, which like any PC DVR, will ensure that the hardware is built properly, and the software is installed and set up correctly.

Any PC DVR can be unstable, if windows is not set up properly, and the hardware is incorrect.

Either way, you can't go wrong with either of them.

Just stay clear of Anykeeper and Kodicom knockoff cards!

(if you are interested in Kodicom, contact a legit source, such as Say Security for one example)

Oh yeah, there are also Geo knock offs out there, stay far far away from them also, you will have the same problems as the other knockoffs, software wont work half the time, no support, and low quality video.

Rory